BRNC - any tips on getting ahead with study material?

Any books to read that will be invaluable and put you in good stead for all the learning at BRNC. I passed my AIB on thursday so just watiting to hear if I get selected so fingers crossed :)

Rule of the road, rule of the road, rule of the BLOODY road.

Oh, and one of the essays you'll have to do will invariably be on Gallipoli, so get a decent book on the campaign. I benefited immeasurably from being able to, in the first term, write my essay off the top of my head.

Otherwise, good luck

IS-Potential

Lantern Swinger
I concur rule of the road, 18 rules to memorise, but several are multiple part rules and some of the parts are 5 or 6 lines long. Plus it has to be word for word verbatim.
What branch are you going for Kate?
Best of luck, if you get selected I will see you in September.
(Mods - can someone move this to the BRNC thread please? :) )

IS-Potential said:
I concur rule of the road, 18 rules to memorise, but several are multiple part rules and some of the parts are 5 or 6 lines long. Plus it has to be word for word verbatim.
Not a good start! Its 19 rules verbatim, plus another 16 non-verbatim!!!

Purple_twiglet said:
MOD EDIT and polite notice - Don't muck about with PERSEC even in jest.
Sorry I couldn't resist, I mean look at the stupid bint's username.

Don't worry ma'am there are only 2200 people on facebook with your name, eventually someone will work out which one you are. :lol:

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Guys

I don't want to seem a killjoy, but just remember that this is a newbie forum and people here don't necessarily get PERSEC in the way we do. I know its fun to wind people up, but just on this area, give them some slack and don't go out of your way to be a complete kn*bjockey.

Outside of here is fair game, but if you want to hang around and post on the Newbie forum, then keep it constructive - just remember that we were all 'noobs' once!

Here endeth the lesson...

benjymo said:
IS-Potential said:
Not a good start! Its 19 rules verbatim, plus another 16 non-verbatim!!!
Mis-key there :oops: 8 being beside the 9 and posting while half asleep.
Didn't want to scare her off by mentioning the non verbatim as well :wink: the first 19 are bad enough.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
2_deck_dash said:
Purple_twiglet said:
MOD EDIT and polite notice - Don't muck about with PERSEC even in jest.
Sorry I couldn't resist, I mean look at the stupid bint's username.

Don't worry ma'am there are only 2200 people on facebook with your name, eventually someone will work out which one you are. :lol:

Its ok she has her shades on, nobody will recognize her.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B RMR 1
C SCC and URNU 26
Chalky The Fleet 29