Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

British Veterans

Lingyai said:
dondon said:
Lingyai said:
I last lost my i d and had to fill in the report for the administartive charge (read fine) for a new one. I knew where it was ish, I had left it at the reception of a short time hotel in Dubai when I was boning a whore from the garage bar. Didn't realise till I got back to the gate and then it was too late, I would never find the place again. Wrote the truth on the report though, no sense in lying. Ah, memories, dusky little thing from Ethiopia as I remember.....

Good man , never been with an Ethiopian , love Brazilians though , 8) :lol:
They all look the same upside down mate :lol: :lol:

I try & compare the aromas in the cellar areas , mmmmm

I wonder if all the foreign tangles we are all involved with now will help to make the service recognised by the country. It's a shame that our government do not recognise or really appreciate the committment of our troops. Nowadays there are more and more extended deployments with fewer personnel or equipment available. People are becoming dis-heartened with the extended time away and are beginning to leave. Who can blame them? Even with this well published spin of the bonus pay to cover tax when away is not recognition. I think this is a knee jerk reaction to a sudden retention problem. This should be in place anyway. RFA crews obtain this perk, and so do NAAFI staff on long deployments. How one person is entitled, when the rest of the crew on the same ship, is not, is beyond me! If the serving troops are not being looked after what hope the veterans?? You would like to think that someone who has served their country would achieve some recognition. The Americans certainly look after their servicemen during service and after. We could certainly learn from them, (in this case). So a veterans ID card and badge should be small beer for the government. If they stopped restructuring to save money they might finally see the trees!

Rant over.........stows soap box....... :evil:

Greenie said:
Still got my paybook somewhere .

Only ever had one and its a real historic memory jerker.
The photo is me as a 16 year old
Its got more sweat,beer,blood and other stains on it from runs ashore .

Everything in it -leave dates ,medical records and jabs clothing issues.

ID cards were too easy lost

Still got mine as well mate. Every time I look at it, it brings back memories of marching up to the pay table, showing the paybook and getting my £7 every fortnight. Seemed to go a lot further in those days though.

£7 you were living in luxury, pure luxury, I was only picking up a £5er and it was not enough to last a fortnight unless you drank scrumpy at a tanner a pint in the Wheelers in Torpoint!

Good point theVeterans Agency are handing out Lapel Badges and a certificate to all people who have served up to 1904,i just got mine and its very well presented i personally think the only poeple running these schemes should be veteran organisations,who would dirctly benefit from them

bren498 said:
Good point theVeterans Agency are handing out Lapel Badges and a certificate to all people who have served up to 1904,i just got mine and its very well presented i personally think the only poeple running these schemes should be veteran organisations,who would dirctly benefit from them

1904? Is there anyone still alive who served up til this point? lol

Think you meant 1994

Latest Threads