British subs linked to trawler sinking.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Shakey, Sep 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Or as the Soaraway Sun would probably say...

Une Autre Gotcha

:)

2. shakey what boat u on

3. Good to see we are still doing fishery protection....(straight to hell for me!!)

4. Find it hard to believe that one of our Subs would be involved in something like this so recently and then scarper. Suspect it's the bloody frogs just looking for another angle to paste us with.

Disgusting cheese eating bastards!

SF

5. "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys" I believe is the official term!

6. Good to see that the very unbiased ( :roll: ) French enquiry concluded that the vessel was sunk by a 'British' sub ?!

That'll teach les bougres to fish in Brit waters !!

(I've already booked my place in the Dante's fiery depths !!)

7. See you there Whitemouse!

8. Funny how it appeared in a Scottish paper (The Auld Alliance) at work....!

9. French attitude to submarine safety

"Ze sea is big, ze submarine is small."

10. Theiving gits were probably trying to claim the sub as salvage ...and wouldn't cut it free!

11. Who do I believe more, the RN or the French? I do like the way the French TV became adamant it was the RN Sub, whilst the Dutch was only 6 miles away.

12. Zut Alors M'seiu, But you mus' beleve le Francais, we nezzair tell ze porkies... :wink:

13. Probably scuttled it thyemselves when they saw the ensign!

14. Could it have been a Russian? Aren't some of their hulls titanium?

15. Definately the "Auld Alliance" coming into play there! Pusser could never afford titanium paint for a start. Besides do they not know what "safe depth" is, and the fact it isn't 40 to 50m?

16. The frogs have never forgiven us for Agincourt,crecy,poitiers ,waterloo and Trafalgar!!!The frog trawler was probably in the wrong place anyway!Life in a blue suit Jaques!

17. Titanium? Rubber tiles come to mind. They were probably flying their ensign (white ensign).

18. Forgive my ignorance,but the last time I looked the hulls were definitely steel....or should I get my eyes tested?

19. andym m wrote: The frogs have never forgiven us for Agincourt,crecy,poitiers ,waterloo and Trafalgar!!!The frog trawler was probably in the wrong place anyway!Life in a blue suit Jaques!

It's amazing the lengths they'll go to to have a pop though. Sending out fishing trawlers to deliberately seek out our submarines and them try to catch them in fishing nets isn't exactly clever though. Maybe they need to consider using a bigger net next time.

SF