British Nuclear Test veteran still holding HMG to task

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
As I said, the MOD has form for this type of thing and it is still here, able to brazen it out once more. T'was ever thus. You can look at the debacle of the Crimean and Boer Wars in a medical context where often the majority of casualties were not due to enemy action. It took the War Office a long time to determine that an effective medical branch should not just be there for casevac.

What would be interesting would be what the other nuclear powers were doing at their tests, at the start of the era of the Ultimate Deterrent. Hence why I mentioned the context. Hindsight vision is always 20/20.

Your sarin story can be found here:

Interesting that the first MSM articles to come up in a Google search on Porton Down Testing on Soldiers threw up the Grauniad and the Independent - both well known for their support of UK governments and departments. Even so, it gives me a sense of pride that I can do that and find such articles freely and openly available.

Feel free to accuse me of being an MOD lackey and in their service / pay, as you have done in the past, but whilst I hold a healthy scepticism of what the government (and particularly politicians) says it does as compared to reality, I am reassured that the country I have been fortunate to have been born into is one where principles such as honest fair play still has some meaning. Otherwise, what is the point in any of it?

ahoy!

Midshipman
As I said, the MOD has form for this type of thing and it is still here, able to brazen it out once more. T'was ever thus. You can look at the debacle of the Crimean and Boer Wars in a medical context where often the majority of casualties were not due to enemy action. It took the War Office a long time to determine that an effective medical branch should not just be there for casevac.

What would be interesting would be what the other nuclear powers were doing at their tests, at the start of the era of the Ultimate Deterrent. Hence why I mentioned the context. Hindsight vision is always 20/20.

Your sarin story can be found here:

Interesting that the first MSM articles to come up in a Google search on Porton Down Testing on Soldiers threw up the Grauniad and the Independent - both well known for their support of UK governments and departments. Even so, it gives me a sense of pride that I can do that and find such articles freely and openly available.

Feel free to accuse me of being an MOD lackey and in their service / pay, as you have done in the past, but whilst I hold a healthy scepticism of what the government (and particularly politicians) says it does as compared to reality, I am reassured that the country I have been fortunate to have been born into is one where principles such as honest fair play still has some meaning. Otherwise, what is the point in any of it?
Am certainly not convinced you are a MOD sycophant ,despite your portraying certain tendencies--However I am convinced you must have a liberal leaning toward them.
But it's the season of good-will-so let Voltaire speak. I disagree profoundly with what you say but defend to the death your right to say them. Perhaps you might condescend to reciprocate. Happy New Year.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Am certainly not convinced you are a MOD sycophant ,despite your portraying certain tendencies--However I am convinced you must have a liberal leaning toward them.
But it's the season of good-will-so let Voltaire speak. I disagree profoundly with what you say but defend to the death your right to say them. Perhaps you might condescend to reciprocate. Happy New Year.
Do you speak like that in real life??

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator

Actually, Voltaire didn't say that. At least, not directly.