Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

British Forces Losses - Comment and opinion

Appreciate your concerns Chalky but PTP made this the Comment and Opinion thread a while ago with the following caveat

The comment and opinion thread is for what it says on the tin. However, any commentary that denegrates the memory of the fallen , or contravenes OPSEC will also be chopped.

Condolences usually get a thread per unhappy event (I ask initiating posters to include the date in the thread title-avoids confusion). A thread has now been started for condolences for Luke Daniel Simpson and some posts moved over. Some may have been missed.

Seadog said:
Appreciate your concerns Chalky but PTP made this the Comment and Opinion thread a while ago with the following caveat

The comment and opinion thread is for what it says on the tin. However, any commentary that denegrates the memory of the fallen , or contravenes OPSEC will also be chopped.

Condolences usually get a thread per unhappy event (I ask initiating posters to include the date in the thread title-avoids confusion). A thread has now been started for condolences for Luke Daniel Simpson and some posts moved over. Some may have been missed.

Thanks Seadog. The original condolence thread was separate from this one and involved both tributes to the fallen as well as comment and opinion on Iraq. That's what I objected to.

I'm pleased to see a new condolences-only thread and that the valid comments made in the previous thread have now been moved to where they belong.

My comments are no longer valid in the context of this combined thread and should be disregarded/deleted.

Latest Threads