Discussion in 'History' started by Backpacker1uk, Aug 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yup look like booties to me!I think its one of Porton Downs experiments.The US did the same but definatly did use LSD,but with different results.I wonder just what they were actually given?
  2. LSD was first produced or discovered by a German Chemist in the mid 30's and sat on a shelf until the Yanks hoovered up the research papers at the end of WW11. In the mid 50's it was given to UCLA in California as a research project on behalf of the CIA and US Army to test if the drug would dis-able enemy troops. About 1962 the CIA canceled the contract. A part of the contract were test on troops in field exercises. I have seen film of similar results of US Troops who had taken LSD

Unfortunately or not, it your choice the research staff and students enjoyed the mind enhancing properties and continued to use the substance which then coincided with the rise of Flower Power etc at the same period. Thats the very brief history

Look here for all info

Magic Mushroom (liberty Caps) are free and provided you do not process them, cook, dry, pickle etc. you do not commit any offence. Much better bet.
  3. Plus the grow freely around the wardroom at HMS Mercury.(or they used to! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
  4. Theres some footage at lymshvitz of royal having lsd tested on them in the 50's on woodbury common.
  5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I think posession is now an offence under recent legislation.