British and Irish Lions' squad for their tour of Australia 2013, a good mix?

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by The Mother F*cker, Apr 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Full-backs: L Halfpenny, S Hogg, R Kearney

Wings: G North, A Cuthbert, T Bowe, S Maitland

Centres: B O'Driscoll, M Tuilagi, J Roberts, J Davies

Fly-halves: J Sexton, O Farrell

Scrum-halves: C Murray, M Phillips, B Youngs

Props: G Jenkins, C Healy, M Vunipola, A Jones, D Cole, M Stevens

Hookers: D Hartley, R Hibbard, T Youngs

Locks: I Evans, R Gray, AW Jones, P O'Connell, G Parling

Back row: T Croft, T Faletau, J Heaslip, D Lydiate, S O'Brien, J Tipuric, S Warburton (capt).

Seems like a balanced side but can the Lions go down under and rip the Kangeroo to shreds? :whax:
  2. Yep, well balanced. Matt Stevens? Really. Feel for Launchberry
  3. Thanks for that, are you sure you're not Bigglesbandicoot?
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Croft!!!!!! Far too much Welsh bias from Gats there. I know it makes some sense to pick players you know, but, given their poor record against the SH teams, really?????
  5. tiddlyoggy

Oh yeah and Cian "penalty machine" Healey!!
    Froggers, I'm glad Launch didn't make the cut, the lad's exhausted, I just hope Lancaster can see that too.
  6. Matt Stevens!!!!! he was mullered by Sheridan at the weekend
    Lydiate has hardly played all season
    Should have gone for Hamilton instead of Gray in the 2nd row and Zebo instead of Maitland on the wing
    I think Robshaw is unlucky bearing in mind other player's form has dipped a lot more than his
    Stuart Barnes's take Barnes questions Wilkinson omission | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
  7. tiddlyoggy

I've always rated Stevens, agree wrt Hamilton though and Robshaw.
    I think this is quite a conservative selection from Gats, hence no Wade or Zebo. Following the Welsh obsession with big units in the backs. Banahan called up next for injury cover??:tp:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tiddlyoggy

Christian Wade is the latest player to be called up to go out there. I hope he has a stormer and leaves Lancaster with a large portion of egg on his face for sticking with those two sloths from Sorrysons for so long.