Britain to send Apache helicopters to Yemen

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Naval_Gazer, Jun 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Britain to send Apache helicopters to Yemen
    Yet another thing SDSR didn't see coming.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. The Gulf's most troubled state?
    Oh, I see. The Gulf of Aden.

3. Yay more evidence the SDSR was woefully inaccurate. Seems HMG needs to take another look at what they want to become involved in or accept they were wrong.

4. Now that would be a novelty (for ANY sitting government)

5. Au contraire, Dave has been freely admitting he was wrong on trees, the NHS, etc. It's just defence he's strong on. :pukeright:

6. Au contraire contraire, Dave has been "listening to feedback from various consultations with the general public and relevant bodies" on NHS, Trees etc - the difference between them and SDSR is that SDSR has become Government policy, the rest were simply ideas floated broadly for feedback in the context of open government - or whatever selection of words the No10 PR mob are using this week.

7. A propos the Apaches, I have always liked them - even though they are as ugly as sin - but I am even more impressed by the savings they are going to offer to the badly stretched MOD budget because it appears that they are able to breed (at least that is the impression I get given the number that seem to be instantly available from the ready use locker for deployment all over the world at the very drop of a hat)

Well done to MOD Procurement for having the foresight to purchase both variants of the Apache (Male and Female) and to then leave them cloistered together for long enough for them to spawn Apache Junior left right and centre.

• Like Like x 1