Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Britain pays £2.5bn benefits to foreigners

It seems that too many people are beleiving what they read in the papers, without doing any proper research themselves.
I'm married to a Slovak beauty, who I met a long time before joining the EU, she was working on a aupair visa and was not eligible to any health care or any other benefits at the time.
She's now working in a understaffed and underfunded hospital, full of managers. To get her first Nursing job, was a difficult task, I had to tell her future employer about the procedures, they were reluctant to employ, because she had no NI number, you can't get a NI number unless you first get a job. Once getting the job, she had to sit a NI interview, this interview was daunting as while she was sat waiting, all around her were unemployed scum, who don't want to work or if they do no one will employ them, as all the conversations consisted off what crimes they had committed that had given them a jail sentence.
Once she had a NI number issued, she had to apply for a workers registration certificate as she came from a new ascession state at a cost of £50. this price has now increased.
In summary, the goverment has rules in place for new state members.
Anyone in the EU can move and work freely, I'll be doing so soon and so can anyone else on this forum with gripes.
An EU member can't claim any benefits of an kind until they have paid into the system for a certain period of time consistently and if for any reason they do claim, their time is very restricted. Just the same as what goes for me when I move to Slovakia.
EU members coming to this country, can't arrive at port and request a council house, they must be here self sufficient or leave, absolutely no benefit.

However the arguments are different for Illegal immigrants, they work the black market and don't pay into the economy.

Asylum seekers are the ones that cost us the money, some of whom may have been shooting at us shortly before arriving.

Also remember that almost all EU members pay into the economy, never taking a penny back or claiming UK pensions, good job really otherwise the gov may up the retirement age even further.

It's no different to us moving to Spain, doing a job behind a bar and trying to tap off with the tourists, doing a job that no local wants to do. I admit that some skilled tradesmen have been axed to be replaced by cheaper EU workmen, these shite employers need to be stamped on by the authorities, people should be employed on their merits whether they are UK or EU.

Finally we are free to move around, but in most cases, we're restricted by our laziness to learn more languages to enable us to do so.

Yes my Slovak is improving

Dobre Den

Simmo I don't believe that anyone has an axe to grind when it comes to immigrants working, paying taxes and obeying the U.K. laws.
It is different when we see floods of pseudo asylum seekers and illegal immigrants coming into the U.K. with the intent of milking the welfare system for all it is worth.
We have enough home grown vermin abusing the system without having to import any.
As for employers abusing the minimum wage and employing illegal labour, hefty fines and even imprisonment is too good for them

slim said:
Simmo I don't believe that anyone has an axe to grind when it comes to immigrants working, paying taxes and obeying the U.K. laws.
It is different when we see floods of pseudo asylum seekers and illegal immigrants coming into the U.K. with the intent of milking the welfare system for all it is worth.
We have enough home grown vermin abusing the system without having to import any.
As for employers abusing the minimum wage and employing illegal labour, hefty fines and even imprisonment is too good for them

In reality in general the illegal immigrants do not sponge of the state, as illegals they have to work in the black ecconomy to survive, Assylum seekers are prevented by our law from working and are thus obliged to sponge of us until their case is resolved. Most would be happy to woprk and contribute to the state that is protecting them, but as you say never let the truth get in the way of a good dit. Have you applied for a job with the Daily Wail, they need reporters with your standards.

In real life Peter The Daily Mail is representing the majority of British tax payers.
The tax payer in the main is sick of supporting those who will not work for a living. If I were a journalist it would be a pleasure working for either the mail or express.

slim said:
In real life Peter The Daily Mail is representing the majority of British tax payers.
The tax payer in the main is sick of supporting those who will not work for a living. If I were a journalist it would be a pleasure working for either the mail or express.

That of course does not change the reality that in particular assylum seekers are 'spongers' because we say they must be spongers if they wish to be considered for assylum. Most if not all genuine assylum seekers are ready and willing to work today if they were allowed to do so.

(Austin?) Maxi 77,

if Slim is qualified to work for the "wail" (which I doubt) then you must already work as a journalist for the Grauniard. Illegal immigrants are sponging if supporting the black economy, pure and simple. If they would like to work legally they should leave (no-one will know they were here) and apply to return legally where, if they meet the criteria they should be welcomed, more than those most from the EU in my view.

No-one should decry the rights of asylum seekers to a fair hearing.

F169 said:
(Austin?) Maxi 77,

if Slim is qualified to work for the "wail" (which I doubt) then you must already work as a journalist for the Grauniard. Illegal immigrants are sponging if supporting the black economy, pure and simple. If they would like to work legally they should leave (no-one will know they were here) and apply to return legally where, if they meet the criteria they should be welcomed, more than those most from the EU in my view.

No-one should decry the rights of asylum seekers to a fair hearing.

Not Austin, if I was one of those it would be a Heavy 12/4.

I would refer you yo an earlier post where I did suggest that all illegals should be given an immediate one way ticket home. Even so the black economy does contribute even if not enough, to the economy as a whole. As it is my only real qualification for working for the Grauniad is my abyssmal spelling.

Shome mistake surely, that would only qualify you for the Torygraph!

PS. Dont know what a Heavy 12/4 is but I used to love my Maxi in 77, rear seats folded down so well it was like owning an RV!

F169 said:
Shome mistake surely, that would only qualify you for the Torygraph!

PS. Dont know what a Heavy 12/4 is but I used to love my Maxi in 77, rear seats folded down so well it was like owning an RV!

You are obviously not old enough to remeber the Grauniad before the advent of spellcheckers, the knickname being given to it by Private Eye on account of the vast number of typos in every issue.

Heavy 12/4s were built between 1922 and about 1931 and I had one as my first car many many moons ago. A Maxi 77 is a completely different kind of thing.

Thanks for your reply slim and a good one too.
Wish I could get a job with the wail though, I'd be much better paid. Anyway, theres no chance of that, you need to be a goverment opposition spin doctor to work for any paper these days.
At the same time, I'm not saying that I support any of the parties at the moment.
Cheers,
Simmo

Along with many I feel that the three main political parties are all well past their sell by date.
To get my vote I a party will need to address the following:

1. Completely overhaul the benefit system. Paying chavs with 5 kids £600+ per week is not in the public interest.
2. Allows asylum seekers to be employed while awaiting a decision.
3. Clamps down on illegal immigration.
4. Gets tough on crime and the causes of crime.
5. Makes prison an extremely unpleasant place to be sent.
6. Stop all benefits to any fraudulent claimant.

I think the BNP may offer this but they certainly would not implement it in the way it should be done.

slim said:
Along with many I feel that the three main political parties are all well past their sell by date.

1. Completely overhaul the benefit system. Paying chavs with 5 kids £600+ per week is not in the public interest.

I agree entirely the whole benefits system is both over complex, and in many cases overgenerous. At the same time it provides no comfort to the prudent person either.
slim said:
Agreed, but it must also ensure that claims are dealt with in much shorter times than at present.

slim said:

I doubt if many will disagree with that
slim said:

That depends on what you mean by that. If you mean getting more of the policemen we already have out solving crime and dramatically improving the clear up rate so the police become a real deterent to crime I'm with you. This will also entail doing something radical about the drugs problem
slim said:

I think the problem is far more getting the people who should be in prison there than making prisons more unpleasant.
slim said:

That will do little unless you actually catch more benefit cheats, as ever the real deterrence lies in actually catching the swine.

I think the BNP may offer this but they certainly would not implement it in the way it should be done. [/quote]

I suspect the BNP will only go for 3, 2 means being nice to filthy foreigners and the rest would impact to much on their core members.

You also have forgotten properly funding the armed forces, an essential from my point of view.

Peter - LOL my reference to "shome mistake surely" was a direct Private Eye quote. (If you doubt it, see page 97 - Ed)!! The Grauniard cleaned their act up years ago, if only the Telegraph would follow suit. Safe sailing.

slim said:

To which I'd add:

7. Reform of House of Lords to reintroduce working peers and remove political parties from upper chamber
8. Abolish "spin doctors" - establish an independent objective information office within the depoliticised civil service.
9. ALL MPs must spend:
a) A period attached to one of the services, not necessarily in a front line role, but attached to a unit as an observer where they fully experience the frustrations that bedevil the average matelot/pongo/crab. This attachment should be designed to incorporate periods where the MP is exposed to life in all 3 mess-decks.
b) 3 months on "benefits" as if they were jobless - they should be made to experience the humiliation of signing on, applying for Jobseeker Allowance, etc.
10. Abolish party whips - MPs should represent the views of their constituents first and the party second, rather than the current situation of party 1st and only.
11. Salary & Pension for MPs - these must be sen to be reasonable and in proportion to those of the electorate; if the electorate are suffering poor pension returns, then it is only reasonable that Westminster are equally affected.
12. Limit expenses, limit allowances, restrict perks for MPs and Ministers - being an MP should be seen as a calling to service rather than a self-serving, money spinning "career".

F169 said:
Peter - LOL my reference to "shome mistake surely" was a direct Private Eye quote. (If you doubt it, see page 97 - Ed)!! The Grauniard cleaned their act up years ago, if only the Telegraph would follow suit. Safe sailing.

IT'S GRAUNIAD, re-arrange the letters Guardian

Latest Threads