Bridge cards

Discussion in 'History' started by Polycell, Jun 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where I can get or view Fleet Bridge cards please

2. It's on either the RN or the RN Community web site

3. The current Fleet Bridge Card is available here.

4. Theres a link on the 2SL home page if you have access to the defence intranet

5. Or if not I can attach it to an email on Monday for you from work?

6. I think he is looking for more historical ones.

7. Oh ok Spearfish, didn't realise that, apologies

8. I sent him an old for for a project that he is working on.

9. Just had a gander at the bridge card latest - have a question.

I used to be on FOSM staff '79 at Northwood. When did FOSM stop being a Flag Officer and now a Rear Admiral of Submarines Fighting Arms?

I wonder what the bridge card comparison would be like from the Spithead review '77 (was on Devonshire for that) compared to the latest posted on this thread.

China.

10. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Another would be RADM TJB who is well known to our RNR fraternity

11. Yes sorry historic Bridge Cards please or Navy list.
    Thanks team.
    Where do the Bridge Cards come from?

12. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, when a Mummy Bridge Card and a Daddy Bridge Card love each other very much........

On a serious note, they come from Fleet. I don't know if they are archived - you might try the Historical records people. Is there one in particular?

13. I've just had a skeg at the '77 bridge card. Phew we had some warships then.....and now.....well god help anybody that comes within our TML and gets punchy. We'll throw mothballs at them! :(

14. Yes, not a bad size fleet back then. Brought some good memories back looking at the ship's names and CO's.

15. also had a look at the 77 bridge card, it is great to see those ships names again. Had had four of the ships - eskimo, rhyl, wilton, scylla aaaahhhh the memories :w00t:

16. Well, when a Mummy Bridge Card and a Daddy Bridge Card love each other very much........

Bloody classic... If only I had throught of that.........Respect to the man

17. If you contact the historic branch in Pompey they have lots going back along way, they are really helpful and can photo copy it if for you if required.

18. Yes? And? I never get told the end of these things...birds....bees....horses...even educated stokers do it......