Bricking It...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Birdy, May 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just sat on my sofa reading through RumRation trying to think if Ive forgotton anything.
    Up at 7.00 tommoz to catch the 8.30 Train from Hull downsouth to Raleigh.
    Didn't think Id be this nervous prior to going in, for the last few weeks time seemed to have stood still and I was so up for going down and getting started but now I feel sick to my gut lol
    Out for a farewell meal with all my chums tonight which should calm me down a bit, but I still cant belive the time has finally come.
    Sorry about the post, just dunno what to do, Bags packed and Documents are all sorted...

2. Good luck mate. Have fun!!

I now how you feel with the nerves though, I have one of my final exams on Monday, so should be revising...

3. Dont worry mate seriously you will really enjoy it and look back in a couple weeks and wonder what you where worrying about the worst time is waiting to get there once you're there it will be fine.

best of luck shipmate ,
    see you at raleigh :salut: :thumright:

4. Honestly, they don't bite and in any case whether you like it or not it will have done you no harm.

5. Thanks for the support guys.
    Just one quick question, having 2nd thoughts about what Civvies to take and what Ill need.

Got packed:
    Jeans 1 pair
    Black socks 2 pair
    Smart T SHirt - 1
    Hull City Top - mainly to sleep or lounge about in
    Hull City 3 Quaters - again just for lounging in

Is that enouh or not... Bag is kinda crammed but could fit more in if needed.

6. Hull City - thats 3 days 9s for a start - good luck you're just about to embark on a limitless career, that will be hard work, great fun and provide you with a set of mates that will always be there for you. You get out what you put in, and if you haven't got a sense of humour you don't belong in a blue suit. Well thats enough cliches for 1 post, welcome to the mob.

7. Notice that you are taking stuff to sleep or lounge about in, just as a matter of interest, where did you get this idea?

Are you seriously telling me ( bear in mind that I`m very old) That you will have time to sleep and lounge around?

Hi de Hi, morning campers, Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

8. Best of luck mate , enjot it , i did it in March 1971 when i was 15 , look at old phots now & i looked like a Sea Cadet , kinnell , would i do it all again , you bet i would , all my mates now are ex forces , trust them all i do . :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

9. Good luck mate. Hope it all goes well for you.

When it's my turn i'll be making lots of trips to the toilet leading upto it.

10. best of luck pal, you'll be fine, we've all been there.

11. Good Luck Birdy, I'll be at Wembley cheering the Tigers all the way to the Premiership.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good luck Birdy. Rest assured everyone feels exactly the same just before they join.

Fear not, you'll enjoy it immensely.

13. Lounging?
    Trust me your every moment will be accounted for and there will be no time for this idle activity or the lack of it.
    Good luck.

14. The top was to sleep or lounge about in. Maybe he was planning to replace sleep with lounging about!

15. I don't know about now but you didn't use to be able to sit on your bed, plus I can't remember any chairs; hence no lounging available.
    Lights out = sleep - Lights on = work, and be monitored and organised.
    I can't think it has changed that much.