Brexit re article 50 it must not be suspended/stopped under any circumstances Please sign the petition

slim

War Hero
Levers states that because of one criminal we are swayed and anti foreigner:

So explain this:

More than 27,000 crimes were committed by EU citizens in the UK last year and more than 30,000 are expected this year.
And because of EU rules and human rights laws only a fraction of the criminals are removed from the country.
It will fuel concerns over the impact of immigration on towns and cities, especially following the two most recent EU expansions in to Eastern Europe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8747048/Crimes-by-EU-citizens-treble-but-few-are-kicked-out.html

This of course also explains why UK laws are in many cases subservient to EU laws.

How about other crimes:
Foreigners 'commit fifth of crime in London'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563890/Foreigners-commit-fifth-of-crime-in-London.html

How about Laws?

UK 'obliged' to accept judgments of European courts, official document from ministers ahead of EU referendum reveals

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/14/uk-obliged-judgments-of-european-courts-official-document-from-m/

I am a Brexiter and these are just some of my reasons for being one!
I am not racist in any way and welcome any Legal immigrant to share the delights of living in a free UK so long as they pay their taxes and do not break our laws.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
So explain this:
More than 27,000 crimes were committed by EU citizens in the UK last year and more than 30,000 are expected this year.
And because of EU rules and human rights laws only a fraction of the criminals are removed from the country.
It will fuel concerns over the impact of immigration on towns and cities, especially following the two most recent EU expansions in to Eastern Europe.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8747048/Crimes-by-EU-citizens-treble-but-few-are-kicked-out.html
Tell you what. YOU explain it. While you're at it, explain those crimes as a percentage of ALL crimes and if this is a UK law and order issue, or it is directly connected to our membership of the European Union. If you can't find any correlation in any of that - i.e. our membership of the EU is a direct cause of those crimes, and that leaving the EU will reduce them, then your point is invalid.

PS: You've already said that 'this year' - when we are out of the EU - it will get worse.

This of course also explains why UK laws are in many cases subservient to EU laws.
What does?

At the 2011 census, 36.7% of London's population was foreign born (including 24.5% born outside of Europe). London has the largest population number (not percentage) of foreign-born. So, **** me. Over a third of LDNs population non UK born and a fifth of LDNs crime committed by non UK born. I'd say the UK born criminals are doing the worse damage, wouldn't you? It's just maths, Slim. Just maths.

How about Laws?
UK 'obliged' to accept judgments of European courts, official document from ministers ahead of EU referendum reveals
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/14/uk-obliged-judgments-of-european-courts-official-document-from-m/
Obliged, but not compelled. We can say, 'non', and have done before. Many, many times. So have other EU countries, in fact.

I am a Brexiter and these are just some of my reasons for being one!
And none of them amount to much on scrutiny. All you've done is google newspaper articles to reinforce your conscious bias, which in itself is under severe attack. For christs sake, feller. You have to do better than this.

I am not racist in any way and welcome any Legal immigrant to share the delights of living in a free UK so long as they pay their taxes and do not break our laws.
No one has suggested you are 'racist' - except maybe you, in some Freudian-style slip of the tongue. I have said your reasons for Brexit are based on xenophobia, irrational fear and mistrust of foreigners, which isn't 'racism', irrational hatred of foreigners (in a nutshell). But while we are on the subject of racism, why do all of your 'reasons' involve the existence and behaviour of foreigners both in this country and out of this country, rather than some rational structural reasoning like lawyer-anagram poster has put forward? Is it just 'foreigners', for you and not 'The European Union as a construct is making my life hard and unbearable, and this is why?' I mean, lawyer person came up with air fares, which possibly affects no one in particular, but it was rational, reasoned and factually correct under scrutiny and didn't point at some dark psychosis and underlying menace which smells like pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs, and too many Right Wing Meetings?

Levers

Wightsparker

War Hero
Tell you what. YOU explain it. While you're at it, explain those crimes as a percentage of ALL crimes and if this is a UK law and order issue, or it is directly connected to our membership of the European Union. If you can't find any correlation in any of that - i.e. our membership of the EU is a direct cause of those crimes, and that leaving the EU will reduce them, then your point is invalid.

PS: You've already said that 'this year' - when we are out of the EU - it will get worse.

What does?

At the 2011 census, 36.7% of London's population was foreign born (including 24.5% born outside of Europe). London has the largest population number (not percentage) of foreign-born. So, **** me. Over a third of LDNs population non UK born and a fifth of LDNs crime committed by non UK born. I'd say the UK born criminals are doing the worse damage, wouldn't you? It's just maths, Slim. Just maths.

Obliged, but not compelled. We can say, 'non', and have done before. Many, many times. So have other EU countries, in fact.

And none of them amount to much on scrutiny. All you've done is google newspaper articles to reinforce your conscious bias, which in itself is under severe attack. For christs sake, feller. You have to do better than this.

No one has suggested you are 'racist' - except maybe you, in some Freudian-style slip of the tongue. I have said your reasons for Brexit are based on xenophobia, irrational fear and mistrust of foreigners, which isn't 'racism', irrational hatred of foreigners (in a nutshell). But while we are on the subject of racism, why do all of your 'reasons' involve the existence and behaviour of foreigners both in this country and out of this country, rather than some rational structural reasoning like lawyer-anagram poster has put forward? Is it just 'foreigners', for you and not 'The European Union as a construct is making my life hard and unbearable, and this is why?' I mean, lawyer person came up with air fares, which possibly affects no one in particular, but it was rational, reasoned and factually correct under scrutiny and didn't point at some dark psychosis and underlying menace which smells like pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs, and too many Right Wing Meetings?

Levers

Say again all after "Tell you what." :)

Exprop

Lantern Swinger

So explain this:

If you check you will find that the statistics refer to 2010. That was a period when there was a particularly significant influx from Eastern Europe. There were indeed high levels of theft reported and associated with the immigrants at the time but it has not been repeated since. Recent figures from the Office of National Statistics support this.

Subsequent research reported in the Financial Times says that those areas which have experienced high levels of EU immigration have generally reported reduced levels of crime, particularly violent and sexual offences.

Thus, it would appear that EU immigration has actually been helpful in reducing crime levels

I hope that will help you to worry less.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 12531

Brexit has already affected my local KFC when they ran out of chicken, had t o settle for fish and chips, my song choice “l will survive” .

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Don't tell @Levers_Aligned it don't count as a good reason
Because it's not.

With us on our way out now, will it stop this Strasbourg/Brussels transaction? Nope, it won't. Also Sumo, tell me why the figures given in this little snippet of bollocks are any more viable than the very much disproven £350m per week figure briefly flashed up during the film and displayed proudly on the side of a bus, with the laughable cretin Boris Johnson reinforcing the abject falsehood (a few weeks after writing two conflicting articles for his newspaper). You'll also be able to tell us how much that Strasbourg/Brussels shift costs YOU individually in pounds, shillings and pence, per year, and then tell me if it is ruining your world financially hence a viable reason to vote leave so people like me can put faith that you actually have a genuine reason, and are not just a teeny lickle bit brainless, easily led and xenophobic.

Again, I'm asking Brexiters for answers. Again, I know I won't get them, only chest thumping, almost Neanderthal-level nationalistic rhetoric, smoke and mirrors and more links to other people's opinions in the papers.

Levers

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
If you check you will find that the statistics refer to 2010. That was a period when there was a particularly significant influx from Eastern Europe. There were indeed high levels of theft reported and associated with the immigrants at the time but it has not been repeated since. Recent figures from the Office of National Statistics support this.

Subsequent research reported in the Financial Times says that those areas which have experienced high levels of EU immigration have generally reported reduced levels of crime, particularly violent and sexual offences.

Thus, it would appear that EU immigration has actually been helpful in reducing crime levels

I hope that will help you to worry less.
Oh, Christ exprop. Don't try scrutinising figures and exposing any credibility eh? You'll ruin the rearguard action of people who want to 'take back control' and endure the fracture of economic and trade harmony with our biggest partners and stand isolated and exposed 'because we've done this before, with Hitler'*

*these are usually people born around 1968

Levers

Sumo

War Hero
Oh, Christ exprop. Don't try scrutinising figures and exposing any credibility eh? You'll ruin the rearguard action of people who want to 'take back control' and endure the fracture of economic and trade harmony with our biggest partners and stand isolated and exposed 'because we've done this before, with Hitler'*

*these are usually people born around 1968

Levers
That's me off the hook then not a 60' babe:rolleyes:

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
That is why he's giving you space, to vent your disbelief on how more than 50% was hood winked voting out. No idea where the monetary claims came from? Finger in the wind probably?
No, I want you to tell us (once again) how much it is costing you, personally. It's quite simple. Go and ask one of these 'we'll be better off out' experts who obviously did their research and homework and they'll be able to give you a figure on how much the move from Strasbourg to Brussels is hurting your pocket each year down to the nearest 0.00001p. Then you can come back on here and say "Look everyone! Then dirty foreigners are robbing me blind and I can't pay my gas bill and my kids are impoverished," and cynics like me will be able to hold their manhoods cheap and say, "Y'know, maybe he's has a point and Brexit IS the best way to deal with this."

Until then, please feel free to deal with the criticism and pointed questions in the same way you and your hoodwinked cohort always have, with zero ways to explain yourselves.

Careful though, because I might be minded to scrutinise your maths somewhat.

So, xenophobia ...

Levers

slim

War Hero
But you all certainly didn't face down the Nazi's

And presumably are therefore baby boomers.

Figures

Levers
Do you have a problem with Baby Boomers?
Most people who fought the Germans are now dead, and it must be remembered that not all Germans were Nazi's. Many were coscripted men the same as British servicemen.
However most of the baby boomers will have knowlege of the way that the German regime acted from their parents who would have relayed their wartime experiences to them.

The UK joined the common market in 1963, we baby boomers were told by that lying bastard Ted Heath that it was a trading organisation. Since then more and more of our politicians have sold the British public down the river in an effort to improve their own miserable lots.
Anyone born after 1960 will have no real experience of life before the EU as they would have been too young to understand what was happening.

I voted to leave for many and varied reasons which of course have all been poo poohed by Levers.
However that vote was the first in my life where my vote had exactly the same vote as everyone elses.
But Levers thinks that 52% of us did not know what we were voting for.
The vote was the first fully democratic vte in UK history.

Latest Threads