Brexit re article 50 it must not be suspended/stopped under any circumstances Please sign the petition

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
Signed but it’ll be given a stiff ignoring to like the one not to sign the UN Migrant Charter was. Mark my words.

What? Article 50? They can apply for an extension. They can withdraw it.

Teresa May has made no indication she will do either.

levers
Who knows what politicians will or will not do? The stay in EU brigade will try to force anything to get their own way, regardless how the country voted.

Just been reading the debate on the petition not to have a second referendum, one of the MP's says his friends just want it over, out of EU and get rid of this wall to wall Brexit stuff?

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Who knows what politicians will or will not do? The stay in EU brigade will try to force anything to get their own way, regardless how the country voted.
'The country' didn't vote anything in favour of anything. 'The majority' (actually 37% of those eligible to vote) voted in a referendum. It was also 'advisory', and not mandatory, as all referendums are. The fact that Cameron fucked up and shook the dice and that the remainers held a complacent, pathetic campaign is indicative of how Brexiters over-voted them.

It's not a case of 'EU brigade' forcing anything. As it stands, there is zero way through this without people losing their jobs and the economy tanking. And before you say 'project fear', show me your working out which counters the BoEs and the ONSs forecasts. No one in the 'Non-EU brigade' have come up with anything which indicates a positive upturn in GDP over the next ten years once we are out.

Extending Art50 might be a good idea until we can get some cross party consensus and an agreement from the EU which at least limits the damage.

levers

I'm just fed up to the back teeth with all of it - so many self appointed experts who 'know' what will happen after we go.

I fully expect my head will fall off, along with those of all the other Brits who live in Spain.

True that is, Fred down the bar told me.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
I'm just fed up to the back teeth with all of it - so many self appointed experts who 'know' what will happen after we go.

I fully expect my head will fall off, along with those of all the other Brits who live in Spain.

True that is, Fred down the bar told me.
Thing is, people at the BoE and ONS aren't self-appointed. It's their job. They are paid for it. They examine credible statistical data and make calculations to produce forecasts. All of the data they use is in the public domain and available to Brexiters to do their own sums to refute the findings.

But no one has.

So, 'No Deal' gives us around -9% in GDP, most other exit strategies somewhere between -6% and -2.5%.

Be nice to know what Brexiters reckon they have 'won' in the referendum.

levers

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Blue passports.
You have to admit, all this hassle has been worth it for that... :rolleyes:
I'm struggling when I hear 'what don't you understand? we voted to leave?'

Well, you voted to leave. And now I'm asking, did you also vote for all this shit which is happening at the moment? Parliamentary crisis? Constitutional and political chaos? The slender chance of Jeremy Corbyn being Prime Minister? I mean, you can't blame the 'remoaners' for this. May had the Foreign Secretary, the SoS for the Environment, the Business and Trade Secretary and even the Brexit Minister (x3) all from the leave camp. The Tories have had the chance to boot May out and install their own PM, and Corbyn is a Eurosceptic anyway, despite what he lies about on camera. The remoaners 'lost' the referendum, so the impetus was on pro-Brexiters to make a good fist of getting out nice and clean with the economy and our dignity intact.

But they can't, can they? There's no actual plan to make this happen, because when you boil off the impurities (i.e. the non-reasons for voting leave) in people's thoughts and opinions, it's all about foreigners, isn't it? That, and supposedly giving 'them in charge' a right old piece of their mind about what they fink. SO, you'll plunge the country into a world of dismal disorder and split entire families and communities because … them forrins are takin' our jobs, and them forrins are tellin' us what to do.

Good luck with satisfying the NHS's requirements without them horrid forrins, like. One assumes there's tens of thousands of fully trained UK workers just ready to fill the vacancies in the NHS and on low level seasonal work which actually contributes tax income to the economy. Jobs just doesn't mean jobs. It also means spending and tax and with us currently still £1.7 trillion still in the hock, I'd say we need every penny we can get. What don't I understand about wanting to leave, eh?

So now we are where we are. Less than seventy days away from the most monumental political leap into the darkness in the modern era, and the choices are:

1. No Deal. Lose 9% on your GDP and economic chaos
2. Deal with benefits like Customs Union and Trade, still paying but have zero say
3. Norway. Bit like above, might have to concede on the old free movement and access to some sort of FTA
4. All or some of the above with BRINO. That would piss people off, big style
5. Extend the A50 and look like right *********, but still paying and trading, with hugely diminished confidence
6. Second Referendum (for what, exactly?)

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING in any of the above which is good. So, what have Brexiters won, exactly?

levers

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
'The country' didn't vote anything in favour of anything. 'The majority' (actually 37% of those eligible to vote) voted in a referendum. It was also 'advisory', and not mandatory, as all referendums are. The fact that Cameron fucked up and shook the dice and that the remainers held a complacent, pathetic campaign is indicative of how Brexiters over-voted them.

It's not a case of 'EU brigade' forcing anything. As it stands, there is zero way through this without people losing their jobs and the economy tanking. And before you say 'project fear', show me your working out which counters the BoEs and the ONSs forecasts. No one in the 'Non-EU brigade' have come up with anything which indicates a positive upturn in GDP over the next ten years once we are out.

Extending Art50 might be a good idea until we can get some cross party consensus and an agreement from the EU which at least limits the damage.

levers
Stop twisting dude. Leave got the majority.
No one in the 'Pro-EU brigade' have come up with any positive reason to stay in, with exception of insults & fear.
You're making it up like all politicians.
Get some balls & get behind the majority.