Breaking news - Blatter to go - FIFA corrupt - in other news bears do and the Pope is.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Guns, May 28, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32902076

"US prosecutors have accused several officials from football's governing body Fifa of racketeering, fraud and money laundering involving tens of millions of dollars over 24 years."

The US tend to start at the bottom and offer people a second chance for the next name up. The trick is not to be the last name standing.

This should be fun.

2. All those lovely new stadiums being built in Qatar , another vote on host country for 2018/2022 must be in the offing.

3. A nice thought, but FIFA has managed to shrug off previous allegations of corruption despite what seemed like overwhelming evidence. Wait for the political conspiracy theories!

...........the fitba it has ta’en away the wee bit sense he had.

4. http://www.fifa.com/contact-FIFA.html

Already applied for a job because there's definitely going to be a few vacancies soon. I've told them that I can organise the next World Cup. My suggestion is that it be staged on the all weather pitches in HMS NEPTUNE with the players being accommodated in the Peace Camp just down the road.

And I'd sort it for a fraction of the bribes they ask for...say an extended long weekend, my overdraft sorted, a new car and a nice static carvan somewhere down in Cornwall.

Can't be fairer than that.

Blatter.jpg

(Blatter havin' a splatter)

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  5. Looks like the yanks have been building this case for a while "Mr Blazer, the former top American official at Fifa, has been a co-operating witness for the FBI since he quit football in 2013" supports the theory that they are rattling the cages of those that may turn on the rest. One has to hope that they know how slippery this lot are.

Billy you would not need a bribe your salary would cover that lot from your small change?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Strikes me as rather dodgy when the head honcho of FIFA, who everyone states is above corruption, has managed to continue to preside over an organisation that's fundamentally flawed but done nothing about it....beyond remaining in post.

7. and getting paid shed loads of money

8. For those of a certain age - remember what this germans catchphrase was?
    I know Mr Blatter isn't quite german, but Private Schultzs' one-liner seems
    relevant.

[​IMG]

9. Very Interesting ..... but stupid!

10. Sorry. Wrong programme. That's Rowan & Martins Laugh In. THIS is Hogans Heroes.

I've just bitten haven't I?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Or just showing your age with MG;)

12. Spoilsport :p

13. True to form Blatter has shrugged his shoulders and said he was too busy to keep an eye on all the FIFA officials and if they'd been taking bribes it is nothing to do with him. He will probably get re-elected to his post in the next few days by all the small nations who depend on his patronage to keep themselves in clover.
    Russia, as you might expect, has decided it's all an American plot to put themselves in a bad light over their rather dubiously getting awarded the 2018 World Cup. They're probably concerned that if too many stones get overturned one of their little encouragements may be discovered. All good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fishhead - you are bang on target.

And I love the reference in some Swiss journal to "Don Blatteone"!

Russia? I did say earlier in the thread "Wait for the political conspiracy theories!"

15. I see nothing..NOTHING :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know nothing, I wasn't there, in fact I didn't get up this morning.

17. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Tonight the 'Bears' are shitting in the woods and the Pope is a happy Motherwell fan. The 'journey' might just be taking another season unless things can be turned around at the weekend.

Anyway, bugger off Figo and Prince Ali bin Hussein (Who did he play for) the US have put up their candidate to challenge Sepp Blatter at the next leadership vote. Step forward Scott Sterling, the man, the myth, the legend. Sweet butter crumpets!

18. Biggest laff is England have said they will boycott 2018 World Cup if Blatter stays , as if them being there would make any difference.

19. Be better if the Beeb boycotted it too! (or whoever has got the franchise this time around) ... at least that would save me switching channels!

• Like Like x 1