Break after 10 week at Raleigh

pb1499

Hi guys.
My boyfriend is due to start his 10 week training start of March and I am just wondering if he gets any time off after his 10 week at Raleigh . He gets two week off in April for Easter and unsure if this will affect any time he may get off after?

Thank you.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
No, he will deploy for about 9 months on completion of throwing his yellow cap in the air.
However, he will will mention something about phase 2??!! Take this with a pinch of salt, as it’s an old matelot saying.
I wish him all the best.

soleil

War Hero
Hi guys.
My boyfriend is due to start his 10 week training start of March and I am just wondering if he gets any time off after his 10 week at Raleigh . He gets two week off in April for Easter and unsure if this will affect any time he may get off after?

Thank you.
It might depend on the start date for his Phase 2, pb1499. What is he joining as?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
He'll either go straight to Sultan (Gosport, Hampshire) or stay in Raleigh on holdover, that's providing he gets through the 10 weeks with no issues.

pb1499

So he won’t get the weekend off after his passing out parade or he will? Just trying to get a better understanding on it all hAhaha. Obviously I’m aware he then does 42 weeks training after this but just trying to work out if he would be coming back with me and his family for the weekend after the 10 weeks.

Thanks again.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's awkward to arrange things when you've rented his room out isn't it? ;) Normally he will get the weekend off then it's as WreckerL says.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
So he won’t get the weekend off after his passing out parade or he will? Just trying to get a better understanding on it all hAhaha. Obviously I’m aware he then does 42 weeks training after this but just trying to work out if he would be coming back with me and his family for the weekend after the 10 weeks.

Thanks again.
o_O Post #4 :rolleyes:

Abecus

Good morning total newbie my son is doing his selection next week in Sunny Scotland providing he does ok he will start basic training on the 27th April!
he has selected to become a weapons engineer on the submarines specifically Astute class, I’m looking around to see if there is a programme available even past ones to view or a pointer to where I can go ?
i know it would all depend on him meeting the criteria many thanks:)

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Good morning total newbie my son is doing his selection next week in Sunny Scotland providing he does ok he will start basic training on the 27th April!
he has selected to become a weapons engineer on the submarines specifically Astute class, I’m looking around to see if there is a programme available even past ones to view or a pointer to where I can go ?
Welcome.

Have a go in one of the parents threads:

But, in short:
Ten weeks at HMS Raleigh followed by a longer period of time at HMS Collingwood

Edited for idiot selection of wrong establishment. Note to self: RTFQ

Last edited:

pompeyexpat

War Hero
There's information about the training/career pipeline for WESM Ratings here - http://web.apps.royalnavy.r.mil.uk/fpgo/BRd_0001_4999/BRd_0003/BRd_3_1/Chapter-75.pdf - on page 75-56

After Phase 1 at Raleigh it's 26 weeks at HMS Collingwood before starting Submarine Training.

If you're looking for TV programmes, there hasn't (as far as I know) been anything filmed on an Astute Class Boat, but there's a few knocking around on YouTube, probably the most recent being 'How to Command a Nuclear Submarine' that was filmed on HMS Triumph in 2011.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK aid to break down barriers for female entrepreneurs in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Burglary taskforce will drive work to combat house break-ins MoD News 0
U HMS Raleigh summer break Joining the Royal Navy 8
Z Hms sultan and august break Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Press release: Britain’s creative industries break the £100 billion barrier MoD News 0
B HMS Raleigh summer break and passing out dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
iipodgeii Raleigh Easter Break Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
L FHTB AFTER A BREAK UP!! HELP Finance & Pensions 15
S Christmas break/leave Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
MG Maniac Spring Break in Ft Lauderdale Diamond Lil's 13
Naval_Gazer RN Divers break World Record for Sport Relief Charity 8
C HMS Raleigh Easter Break Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
rod-gearing Marriage break up Diamond Lil's 12
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp First up - 'Break a leg, Royal.' The Corps 0
Naval_Gazer Team led by ex-RN officer set to break Transatlantic rowing record Current Affairs 2
The_Caretaker Taking a break from counting his money Miscellaneous 0
A How did you break your arm? Miscellaneous 0
cúnto Break out the lasers Diamond Lil's 21
LeTache88 Is there a break between basic training and phase 2? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Ninja_Stoker Swearing an Oath of Allegiance - a break in tradition? History 23
soleil Guardian: "RN ready to break new ground in Challenge Cup" Sports and Adventure Training 2
pinkprincess Taking a break... Blogs 15
B Does Raleigh break up for Easter? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B Easter break at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
M break between training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil Navy News: "Barbados Break for HMS Iron Duke" The Fleet 9
werqpr christmass break? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
F Raleigh/Collingwood Xmas Break 2009 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
NotmeChief A picture that should break a million hearts Current Affairs 22
Bergen Pope Refuses To Break Bread With Bush Diamond Lil's 22
HarryBosch RM Nod tries to break into CTC jenny's quarters (Video) The Corps 6
clanky Worst place to break down? Motoring 2
sgtpepperband Michael Jackson Invites The Kids Round For Summer Break... Diamond Lil's 4
higthepig Have a Classical Break Diamond Lil's 7
slim Cameron takes a break with Asian family in Birmingham Diamond Lil's 7
wet_blobby take a break magazine Diamond Lil's 0
slim 999 crew sacked in meal break row The Quarterdeck 9
MoD_RSS Learning at Work Week in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 307, April 2020, World Immunization Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two-week ceasefire in Yemen: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement by UK and EU negotiators on next week’s round of negotiations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC celebrates Scottish Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Money Week 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ themed National Apprenticeship Week (NAW2020) round up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in the Foreign Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Apprenticeship Week 2020 in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Look Beyond’ with an apprenticeship this National Apprenticeship Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Do your tax return before it drives you quackers, you’ve got one week to go! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS M20 Operation Brock barrier to be removed from next week MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh Page: "A Short Video Of The Cornwell27s At Pier Cellars This Week" Bases / Shore Est 0