Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Break after 10 week at Raleigh

pb1499

Hi guys.
My boyfriend is due to start his 10 week training start of March and I am just wondering if he gets any time off after his 10 week at Raleigh . He gets two week off in April for Easter and unsure if this will affect any time he may get off after?

Thank you.

No, he will deploy for about 9 months on completion of throwing his yellow cap in the air.
However, he will will mention something about phase 2??!! Take this with a pinch of salt, as it’s an old matelot saying.
I wish him all the best.

Hi guys.
My boyfriend is due to start his 10 week training start of March and I am just wondering if he gets any time off after his 10 week at Raleigh . He gets two week off in April for Easter and unsure if this will affect any time he may get off after?

Thank you.

It might depend on the start date for his Phase 2, pb1499. What is he joining as?

He'll either go straight to Sultan (Gosport, Hampshire) or stay in Raleigh on holdover, that's providing he gets through the 10 weeks with no issues.

So he won’t get the weekend off after his passing out parade or he will? Just trying to get a better understanding on it all hAhaha. Obviously I’m aware he then does 42 weeks training after this but just trying to work out if he would be coming back with me and his family for the weekend after the 10 weeks.

Thanks again.

It's awkward to arrange things when you've rented his room out isn't it? ;) Normally he will get the weekend off then it's as WreckerL says.

So he won’t get the weekend off after his passing out parade or he will? Just trying to get a better understanding on it all hAhaha. Obviously I’m aware he then does 42 weeks training after this but just trying to work out if he would be coming back with me and his family for the weekend after the 10 weeks.

Thanks again.
o_O Post #4 :rolleyes:

Good morning total newbie my son is doing his selection next week in Sunny Scotland providing he does ok he will start basic training on the 27th April!
he has selected to become a weapons engineer on the submarines specifically Astute class, I’m looking around to see if there is a programme available even past ones to view or a pointer to where I can go ?
i know it would all depend on him meeting the criteria many thanks:)

Good morning total newbie my son is doing his selection next week in Sunny Scotland providing he does ok he will start basic training on the 27th April!
he has selected to become a weapons engineer on the submarines specifically Astute class, I’m looking around to see if there is a programme available even past ones to view or a pointer to where I can go ?
Welcome.

Have a go in one of the parents threads:

But, in short:
Ten weeks at HMS Raleigh followed by a longer period of time at HMS Collingwood

Edited for idiot selection of wrong establishment. Note to self: RTFQ

Last edited:

There's information about the training/career pipeline for WESM Ratings here - http://web.apps.royalnavy.r.mil.uk/fpgo/BRd_0001_4999/BRd_0003/BRd_3_1/Chapter-75.pdf - on page 75-56

After Phase 1 at Raleigh it's 26 weeks at HMS Collingwood before starting Submarine Training.

If you're looking for TV programmes, there hasn't (as far as I know) been anything filmed on an Astute Class Boat, but there's a few knocking around on YouTube, probably the most recent being 'How to Command a Nuclear Submarine' that was filmed on HMS Triumph in 2011.

Latest Threads