Bravo "The Army".

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Apr 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes well done the "Army" SAR Sea King.
  2. Please tell me she is not related to David. :(
  3. Reading the whole thing the numpty bird manages to credit all three services with the job. Mind you what about an editor letting such a poorly written bit get to press. He/she needs to get the sack.
  4. Wow 3 helicopters to transport one patient.
  5. She must have been in pieces over it.
  6. It seems if you read the comments their readers are giving them stick too.

It seems some one there should not have escaped from the local rag, in fact shouldn't have been employed by the local rag.
  7. If it's anything like other newspapers, she won't have written the title, the editor will have - she does the piece, and then is assigned some snappy title to fit it by her boss, so you can't blame her for it. (if indeed they work like that)

Load up the outrage bus all you want about the RAF/RN SAR mixup however :p
  8. Oh well if it was the editor then thats ok then :roll:
  9. :roll: I dont suppose the FLEET AIR ARM were involved :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. I would refer you to the post I made earlier when I did cricise the editing aspects. Both reported and sub editor did a crap job, Bot should not be working on a so called broadsheet paper if that is the best they can do, but I suspect that as accuracy is no longer a real requirement for reporting they will bth soldier on toill they either get a better paid job somewhere else or draw their pension.
  11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's unreal. I'm surprised Bristows didn't get a mention (The civvy helicopter firm that fly around the Falklands for those not in the know).
  12. Bristow? Been a while since your last posting, then. In all fairness, though, the British International (Brintel) S61s are still called “Ericsâ€.
  13. She works for the Press Association rather than The Independent, like Reuters, AP or Agence France Press, they are an agency and don't have the burdens of maintaining readership. Their articles are taken 'as written' by the newspapers, sure they should be more careful on what they use, but if it is a case of filling space they use the pieces without much consideration.
  14. ...etc..Dai,

Hello again. As ever, your signature block exudes more than your postings ever did :wink: .

Please keep it up, young sir :roll:

Next Please.
  15. Well I never, that's fairly unnecessary. Have we met?

Anyway I like my signature block, it's a great passage from a great author. Granted, Flashman isn't exactly a role model, but it does make good historical fiction ;)

Oh, and danny, no it's not ok, I never even came close to insinuating that. Just focus on a more deserving target.
  16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

19 years since i was down there. I've just done the maths. :oops: Didn't seem that long ago.