Branch Transferring

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by RN070688, Apr 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just wondering if anyone had any information on branch transferring? I want to branch transfer from Medic to Nurse and have been trying to do so for about 2 years but everyone who I have spoke to has not been very helpful and are unable to point me in the right direction. Does anyone have any information on the subject?
  2. As far as i know,its not as straight forward as a Recat.To become a NN you will need to Join the QARRNs as opposed to the RN proper.It may have changed since i left but thats the info i have.Also the numbers they take these days is small,so competition will be fierce.
  3. Yeah I know I've been told that its difficult to do with all the interviews and selection tests and everything.I just need to know how to go about getting to that stage as so far I've not been given the chance.
  4. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

My oppo has just done it from LMA and is being loaded on a course in Sep. I'll speak to him and try and PM you the info as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind that it is subject to manning constraints though.

Right, I've just had a look on t'intranet and all the relevant information that you require is in BR1066 Chp 27, Subsection 2704.

It took me 2 seconds to find this information so double away and have a look at the requirements yourself! :D