Branch transfer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by fishyfriday, Dec 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks, apologies if this post is in the wrong area!
    Have been in RN for 9 years now but am looking at branch transfer to MA, does anyone know if the medical branch are open for recruitment (also are they under/overmanned?)
    If there is anyone from the medical branch on here (or anyone with any useful info you could pass on) i'd greatly appreciate any advice you can give!

cheers

fishy!

2. Yes ex Medical Branch but not likely to do you any good ... I've been outside 20yrs! Good luck in your endeavours!

3. SJRM_RN - Many thanks for the swift reply! i'll get onto that in the morning!

MG Maniac - Ha fair enough! the question is did you enjoy your time in the branch? ;)

cheers Fishy

4. Without a doubt. In my day however you could get drafted to Boats (Submarines) Booties or General Service (Surface Fleet) whereas these days I gather that you opt for one of them when you join up and thats where you go. I managed to get General Service so at sea on my own on a Frigate as a LMA and Type 42's as a PO and saw the world. Much happier at sea than back at Haslar which I seemed to be attached to on a bit of elastic. Some good times and some not so good - given my time again would I do it all over ... on my experience ... yes.

5. Well went in today to talk and get some advice from CPO MA, got the chance to talk to one of the killicks as well who also happened to transfer to MA, both very friendly and extremely helpful, gave a lot of useful advice. So far looking good ;)