Branch Transfer

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Waino, Jan 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, im going out on a limb here, but having trawled the site already im pretty sure its not been asked. Im currently serving as an RO on boats, but want to put in a branch transfer request to scablifter. Ive read the reference in BR 3, however i was wondering if theres any paperwork/ mod forms i need to fill in to pass up the chain, or is it really as simple as speaking to my DO and requesting it? Anyway, im standing by for the standard "took your chance..." replies.

Cheers

2. From what I've twigged from previous threads it's likely you'll have to stay where you are already rooted.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Speak to your DO and request, you may have to wait a while before you get to Keogh though.

4. Speak to your SCO/CIS(E) mate and ask permission to see the CO to branch transfer. Sod kows why you would want to recat from CISSM, best cadre on boats. MA doesn't seem to be that great a number.

5. Guaranteed his hooks pretty quickly, though.

6. Not any more Joe, better off where he is for promotion now.

7. Right, what you need to do is speak to your DO to express your interest, then see the WTRs to pick up a request form, to put you through the table.

MA's were one of the only branches spared in the 'no branch transfers until further notice' signal sent out last year. It's taken 2 lads several attempts to get on the scablifters course and so far only one has gone on to Keogh.

Best of luck.

8. Im CIS (GS) wanting to transfer to MA. Went to the table back in June and the big dipper gave me his blessing. Clearance papers were sent but told to re-apply again after Sept 1st. Clearance papers were sent yet again Sept 15th. Still awaiting to hear something! Good luck shiphop.

Dunno if its a good or bad thing but I'm currently on a "Better Off With a Map And Nokia" Course at Collingrad and there are loads of RN/RM MA's milling about in training/on placement atm.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  9. I'm gonna have a guess and suggest they are the CSMR who have just returned from Herrick 14?? Probably just using the accommodation while they square their admin away before going on POTL

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Is transferring to MA not the same as outing yourself without the hassle of playing twister with strangers at a country cottage?

11. Don't think so, no. They all have "term slides" on their sholders. Someone said they are on placement.