Branch shortages

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sinclairmic, Jul 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On my application form my first preference was warfare spec and my second preference was mine warfare spec,

which out of all the branches has the shortest waiting time, also what is the average waiting time for warfare spec?

thanks

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Use the search button at the top of the page, its been repeated many times by those in the know

3. about 10-12months , i applied for warfare spec in april , rang up my CA and she said it wont be until about april next year

4. Your afco will have the latest info. Availability of branches changes all the time. Should you decide to opt for your second choice on grounds of speed of entry, you may be disappointed with your branch of choice. There is no 'right of transfer' from one branch to another. Think carefully as the two jobs may read as similar but on the ground might be worlds apart.

5. Waiting Times:

WS = 12 months

WS (MW) = 9 months

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

100 percent agree with Polto, never ever select a branch purely on grounds of timescales to join, it's a waste of your time, our time & taxpayers money.