Branch Badges - Pre-Warfare Branch

NorfolkH

Am after any help folks are able to offer as I am looking for images of branch badges pre-warfare branch.
I am sure there used to be a poster with them on, or of course BR3; but trying to find either of these is like trying to plait fog. So, if anyone knows of any sources with reasonable quality representations then the info would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hi Rab - late 80's / early 90's if at all possible
I've still got BR1938 Naval Ratings Handbook I was issued with at Ganges in 1973 (I know, I'm a sad git). I can scan the pages with the branch badges on and post them on here tomorrow if that's any help, although most branch badges were re-done in the 80/90's.

Waspie

War Hero
I've still got BR1938 Naval Ratings Handbook I was issued with at Ganges in 1973 (I know, I'm a sad git). I can scan the pages with the branch badges on and post them on here tomorrow if that's any help, although most branch badges were re-done in the 80/90's.
Your not alone on the sad front!!!! Me too! AND I also have my Aircraft handbook as issued to us Woo's!!!!!

NorfolkH

That would be absolutely hoofing - cheers WreckerL - greatly appreciated

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
branch badges1.jpeg As promised, the electrical mechanic and mechanician badges had either OE, CE or RE in the middle (Ordnance, Control and Radio). I was Ordnance :)

Waspie

War Hero
View attachment 26333 As promised, the electrical mechanic and mechanician badges had either OE, CE or RE in the middle (Ordnance, Control and Radio). I was Ordnance :)
Woo Hoo - My badge is there too!! (Rating Aircrew - on the right hand page). Red, as worn on noz 2's and battledress!!!!! Just spotted my old aircraft mechanics badge as well. May visit the loft and dig out my old books. Haven't been down nostalgia street for a while!!

huwshpis

War Hero
When I originally joined, I was studying electrical engineering at university so they thought I was a natural greenie (RE). I proved them wrong, left the green world after two years and joined the white mafia. 39 years later I'm a sort of consigliere! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D New branch badges. The Fleet 29
Rolotp Medical branch badges The Fleet 8
WreckerL WW2 Branch badges..which is yours? Diamond Lil's 7
damo567 ET Branch badges The Fleet 27
Polycell Branch badges Bases / Shore Est 2
W BRANCH BADGES...Mmmmmmmmm Submariners 40
T Shore based branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
O Engineering Technician (Marine Engineering) Branch Joining the Royal Navy 1
W Branch Transfer UPO/Careers Office 3
C National Service and Special Branch query History 20
A S& S Branch History 5
O Application at Branch Joining the Royal Navy 1
A Aircrew branch transfer UPO/Careers Office 37
P Internal only RFA job (helicopter controller/supply chain etc). Which branch? RFA 0
soleil FB: "Video About The Royal Navy Photographic Branch, Created By Leading Photographer Dan Shepherd" #RNPhoto100 The Fleet 0
Gematria Laziest Engineering Branch? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
rn458scc Branch Badge The Fleet 1
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
B Changing branch at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
S History of Communications branch within the SM service History 21
MoD_RSS Press release: Need to fell some trees? Branch out and try Felling Licence Online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tri-Branch Management Board chairman appointed MoD News 0
dapperdunn End of the Steward branch. Diamond Lil's 31
B Branch Change Joining the Royal Navy 3
Anchor Faced Branch badge unknown History 3
A Branch transfer as an AB1 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Branch/Career Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
C Training and courses - restricted by branch? RFA 2
G Branch information required Submariners 2
T History Of The Aircrew Branch History 0
Hanzzimmer Role/branch change once in the Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
H Opinion on naval aircraft handler branch. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R MTO branch for ex RN Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
Mess Webly Time Most 'valuable' branch for a reservist to join? +other questions Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
N Branch Changes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Which branch shortest waiting times currently? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
S branch Transfer from GS to Subs... whats the process? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
ulster fan Medical Branch RNR - Biomedical Science Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
N History of the Photographic branch History 3
F branch transfer from warfare Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Branch Change To Submariner Submariners 8
G RNR officer aib/branch selection Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
D Which engineering branch should i go for? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
L Branch transfer to student nurse Bases / Shore Est 2
T RNR Diving branch (King Alfred) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
P RNR Int Branch Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
C Best Branch for Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
gerrysurfs Branch transfer for medical reasons? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
digger84 Privatisation of the WE Branch? Current Affairs 13
P SA Branch 1950s - History 0