BR 81 Naval Uniform Regs

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Northmoor, Mar 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Could someone kindly settle a pub argument for me please

If you have qualified for Parachute Wings (ie the British military parachute course) and have also qualified as a Pilot what badges do you wear and where do you wear them as

A) an officer
    B) a senior rating
    C) a junior rating (if applicable)

I think they are two seperate badges. If you attend the Jump course (which has a set number of jumps from varying heights and at night) you are entitled to wear the wings on your right shoulder (as an additional qualification) and your aircrew badge sits on your lower right sleeve (above any lace curl or buttons)

My friend says if you are aircrew you will you have done parachute jumps as part of your training so you only wear your pilots badge on the shoulder.

No doubt it's a hoary old chestnut and has been answered before on your site, however we can't find the relevent info on the net and we havent got access to a BR 81

if so could you post the link in a reply

regards

2. My oppo who is a PO Phot wears his Parachute wings on his right shoulder above his branch badge. That's all I know I'm afraid

3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Well one of my friends is an ex-RM now Rn Observer, he wears para wings at the shoulder and his Observers moth above the executive curl to the wrist on No1's.

4. Wasn't aware aircrew did jumps equivalent to the Para course.

5. BR81 is available from the RN website, I googled BR81 and up a link popped to the RN website with a pdf of the regs with "UNCLASSIFIED" on the bottom. So as far as I can see posting the link below isn't against any rules, though feel free to delete if it is.

link here BRd81

6. Both can be worn whilst in No. 1's

7. Thanks for the info guys, especially IS Potential for the link to BR 81

Much obliged