Boxing

Anyone else here do it?
I haven't been boxing long, but I was told at my aircrew medical after AIB I would have to stop...
It's a shame because I was looking to box when I entered but hey ho.
Wondering if anyone else on here boxes?

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I enjoy my good looks and straight nose, so no. I'm sure Rumrat or Jesse mentioned they were navy boxers many moons ago.

:strong: I've not stepped through the ropes for 35 years, but it never leaves you. I still work out daily, my garage looks like the set of a Rocky film, with ; heavy bag, light bag. speed ball and torso man. :roll: Cant do links or I'd post a photograph. I never made the big time or the A.B.A but I enjoyed it and I'm still essence skin at 70. 8)

jesse said:
:strong: I've not stepped through the ropes for 35 years, but it never leaves you. I still work out daily, my garage looks like the set of a Rocky film, with ; heavy bag, light bag. speed ball and torso man. :roll: Cant do links or I'd post a photograph. I never made the big time or the A.B.A but I enjoyed it and I'm still essence skin at 70. 8)
Shurup or I'll batter you you old twot :D

After crimbo are you coming up to see Stirling with me, we'll make plans later if your up for it.

Back on thread, yes I had some fights for the mob, won 14, drew 3 and lost 2. Light heavy, tried heavy for a fight and got beat up for 3 rounds in a 3 round fight. :oops:
My last fight in the mob was in the key and anchor club in Gib in 73 and won, so quit whilst winning. :wink:
Any PTI will coach you and you will get as much help as you require.

That sounds great, can't wait to smash a few pongos heads in! Maybe because I'm not going pilot they may look more kindly on my hobbies, although I still wouldn't want a brain dead observer commanding a Lynx.

I'll have to beg, or play something else...

tuts

Lantern Swinger

After crimbo are you coming up to see Stirling with me, we'll make plans later if your up for it.

Back on thread, yes I had some fights for the mob, won 14, drew 3 and lost 2. Light heavy, tried heavy for a fight and got beat up for 3 rounds in a 3 round fight. :oops:
My last fight in the mob was in the key and anchor club in Gib in 73 and won, so quit whilst winning. :wink:
Any PTI will coach you and you will get as much help as you require.[/quote]

Well in RR, I'm impressed.

tuts

Lantern Swinger
tuts said:

Any PTI will coach you and you will get as much help as you require.
Well in RR, I'm impressed.

Did a fair amount of boy boxing before I joined up and continued in the mob.
Had a lot of fights and won my fair share[and got beat up badly sometimes especially by the Australian champ in Far East he outclassed me knocked me bandy!]
Really enjoyed it but nowhere to train on frigates to any degree and when I finally joined the Vic where you could train I was to far rum lashed to participate in training
Best was, whenever joining a ship and they looking at your previous record and finding you were a boxer you were treated a great deal better than others.
Every Skipper wants a sporting winner on his ship,Boxer,football,cricket whatever,like "From here to Eternity"
Go for it until you meet a boxer with an unmarked face,then pack in he's too good to get hit and your going down![as our Yank friends will say!]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Sports and Adventure Training 13
slim Diamond Lil's 2
O Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5