Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOSS GIVES STAFF TIME OFF ON ST GEORGE'S DAY

Well don that man, and I would not be surprised if he finds his generosity rewarded with greater staff loyalty and productivity.

ukdaytona

War Hero
Isnt that racist ???

Wont he be upsetting some ethnic minority PC Tree Hugging anti patriot burn the flag scum bag ??

It will, oh excellent - everyone who is English have the day off.

chun831

Midshipman
ukdaytona said:
Isnt that racist ???

Wont he be upsetting some ethnic minority PC Tree Hugging anti patriot burn the flag scum bag ??

hear hear

ukdaytona said:
Isnt that racist ???

Bloody upseting me; I work for someone else.... :D

moondog

War Hero
If this is the case next monday is the birthday of that great scottish icon and patriot Oor Wullie. I'm taking a make a mend!!

PartTimePongo

War Hero
Isnt that racist ???

Isn't this post bollox?

We celebrated the anniversary of Trafalgar in the Brumopolis , home to a significan ethnic minority community.

The place was awash with St.George's flags , lots of tub-thumping patriotism much in evidence, and activities centred around the French getting a deserved kicking.

http://www.bhamstgeorge.myby.co.uk/News & Activities.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/content/articles/2005/10/20/holte_school_trafalgar_feature.shtml

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=69025&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_ID=10538

No evidence whatsoever of complaints from the Islamic community as Birmingham really got behind the event. In fact a significant number were present to enjoy the festivities.

During the World cup, and even during the Cricket World cup , there were plenty of St.Georges flags in evidence on houses and in windows in predominantly Muslim areas.

I'm not sure which is worse. The people who interfere with "Oh we must think of the sensitivities of others" or the boneheaded tools who say "I will fly this flag, and no one will take away my right to do so" when nothing has been said to criticise their decision to do so.

It's the flag of all Englishmen whatever religion or hue they are, it's time to promote it as such.

ukdaytona

War Hero
PTP - CHILL OUT

You will probably find that any complaints about celebrating St. Georges day will not come from Muslims, Islamic Society, Asians, Not Englsih etc but more the PC groups within that complain about almost everything to do with being English/British.

You see my post as bollox I see it as political satire.....

Personally if we can celebrate St Taffy Day, St Paddy Day St Jock Day, American Independace Day then why the bloody hell cant we celebrate St Georges day......

finknottle said:
St George was he that Roman geezer?

I think he was Turkish wasn't he?

St David is the only one of the 4 saints to have actually been born in his own country.

If I remember correctly, St Patrick was born on the Scottish mainland and St Andrew was Greek?

Edited for typos

Have no issue with having a National Day; but can't we get a better patron saint?

Better still celebrate someone else's life, preferably an Englishman/women!!

Can't see the issue with St George not being English, we're a mixed nation anyway.

And no, I've never heard any 'minority' group kick off about St George's day or Christmas or anything like that. I don't see any white people where I work in Birmingham.

There is a Sikh parade in Smethwick on the same day as the St George's day parade is happening in West Bromwich. The roads will be murder!

TwistedFireStarter

Lantern Swinger
Wiggy_RN said:
Have no issue with having a National Day; but can't we get a better patron saint?

Christ lets not put it to the public vote though. We will end up with Posh Spice day or something 8O

TwistedFireStarter said:
Wiggy_RN said:

Christ lets not put it to the public vote though. We will end up with Posh Spice day or something 8O

Fair-one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Marketing boss banned after thousands of nuisance calls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Accrington security boss barred from the industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security boss pleads guilty to supplying unlicensed security guards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorhomes boss banned after creditors claim £660k in liquidation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 7-year disqualification for Cambridge Analytica boss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ex-BT boss leads task force to attract new vendors to UK telecoms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Holiday parks boss receives 14-year ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former football boss has bankruptcy restrictions extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Falsifying tax returns lands construction boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Concealing tax liabilities lands takeaway boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inaccurate tax returns lands takeaway boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recycling boss misleads investors to fund new equipment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Italian restaurant boss fails to pay correct taxes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disqualified packaging boss sentenced for breaching ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disqualification for security boss following hefty tax bill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 5-year ban for property boss after abusing client’s funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Walsall fast food boss banned for failing to maintain books MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Failure to safeguard deposits lands lettings boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Edinburgh investment boss banned for decade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 21 million nuisance calls lands telecoms boss with ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Telecommunications boss banned for breaching regulations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cambridgeshire care home boss banned for 4 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bogus law firm boss banned for a decade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Currency trading boss banned after abusing clients’ funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tax offences lands engineering boss 11-year ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wolverhampton cash and carry boss banned for 8 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 6-year ban for greetings cards boss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Witney bouncy castle boss disqualified for 5 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of nuisance calls lands property boss 5-year ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pension scheme negligence lands insurance boss seven-year ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ilford boss banned over missing IT equipment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Insurance fraud lands boss 12-year bankruptcy restrictions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bolton charity boss banned for causing Lifeline Project to sink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Textile boss handed bankruptcy restrictions after abusing funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Repeat offender double glazing boss disqualified for 11 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Travel agency boss banned following unexplained company payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Investment boss banned after misappropriating client's £800,000 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 14-year ban for Brazilian social housing investment boss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Luton coach boss banned for hiding fleet MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Waste boss banned for breaching environmental legislation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Disqualified boss gets second ban for illegally running restaurant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 'Reckless' skip company boss ordered to pay almost £25,000 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Not-for-profit music enterprise boss banned for second time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Bankrupt nightclub boss sentenced for acting as company director MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Travel agent boss disqualified after misusing £700,000 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Glasgow boss banned for flouting director requirements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Extended bankruptcy after boss caused finance company to lose thousands MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Court bans mobility equipment boss for 6 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Takeaway boss gets second disqualification after breaching first ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New year disqualification for wedding venue boss MoD News 0