Bosiett & issc (phoenix)

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by frogman007, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone in the Phoenix set up know if I can convert an ISSC into the civillian BOSIETT ticket????
  2. You can get a civvy qual out of it, but I'm not sure what the title of it. Phone up and ask for the admin cell, they'll be able to do it if you've done ISSC under VT Flagship.
  3. Will give them a try. Not convinced, but BOSIETT is £900 so worth a try.
  4. Not a chance then!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. When i was on BSSC, there was a bootie talking to an instructor that said its not a common thing, but some form of qualification is available....
  6. I phoned them up the once for the civvie certs that went with ISSC but all I got was the SWTC 95 stuff. Not sure if this is anything to do with the stuff that you are after as I havent heard of it :)
  7. BOSIET is sponsored by OPITO and is specifically designed to suit the Oil/Gas Industry, there is no recognised cross over from ISSC to BOSIET. A STCW 95 (correct name) may well be transferable as it is only a maritime qualification.
    As part of my job as an Oil Company Rep in the offshore industry I am responsible for checking peoples qualifications so do speak from a position of authority.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  8. PM inbound