Boris Johnson and Fat Pompey

Not really current Affairs, so this is going in Diamond Lils.

From the BBC - Boris has been giving Portsmouth residents a bit of a going over:

Boris and Pompey

Depite being a bit of a buffoon, having lived round here for a while, I can see his point. Shame he didn't visit Gosport!

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
He and Prince Phillip should do one of those "An evening with..." gigs. I'd buy a ticket!!

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
TattooDog said:
Not really current Affairs, so this is going in Diamond Lils.

Depite being a bit of a buffoon, having lived round here for a while, I can see his point. Shame he didn't visit Gosport!
Gosport....South coasts answer to Utopia

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Having watched her (Sarah McCarthy-Fry) during the RN debate in Parliment I would think she would do well to take lessons from Boris, pathetic didn't even begin to discribe her

the_matelot

War Hero
I don't see what the problem is. The man, despite him putting his foot in his mouth from time to time, has a very valid point.

slim

War Hero
One of the refreshing things about Boris is that he's no politician, he calls a spade a spade. I wish we had more of his type in parliament, make a change from the run of the mill lying, conniving MPs we normally see.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
TattooDog said:
As I pass Harry Pounds my heart sinks… Pompey, the death of ambition and the Chav Capital of England.

And Gosport? Dear God, please make it go away…

for the record I adore Boris - fortunately the Tories are too thick to make him leader - even I'd vote Tory if they did!

His Desert Island Discs was the best I have ever heard - 8)

onions

GCM
Very strong condemnation of what Boris said came from The News, with the Front Page headline of, "You Twit".
Now that would scare the shit out of anybody!!

Semper Strenuissima.

Portsmouth councillors demanded the MP apologise for his remarks and make a visit to the Hampshire city.

Another excuse for a free meal and expenses!!!

Make the man Prime minster

Bang on about Liverpool

Bang on about Pompey

Bang on when being made shadow arts minister said: 'Look the point is ... er, what is the point? It's a tough job and somebody has got to do it.'

Should of got a round of applause not sacked as Tory arts spokesman after allegations of an affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt

Bang on 'Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3.'

Bang on the button with "supporting David Cameron purely out of cynical self-interest."

Bang on the button with Papua New Guinea after linking its people to cannibalism

Boris is the man.

Nutty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pompeyexpat ‘ I Wouldn't Want to Press the Nuclear Button for Boris Johnson’ Current Affairs 8
MoD_RSS As Israel's friend, I urge you not to annex: PM Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM Boris Johnson article on Hong Kong: 3 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Terrorist incident in Streatham: PM Boris Johnson's statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM Boris Johnson signs the Withdrawal Agreement: 24 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from PM Boris Johnson to Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon: 14 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Christmas message: 24 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boris Johnson's first speech as Prime Minister: 24 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The World Cup ‘does not belong to Vladimir Putin’ and an England boycott would only cheat fans: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Airstrikes show we stand up for principle and civilised values: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Only Russia could have committed this crime: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson responds to defeat of Russia’s proposals at OPCW MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: West takes a stand to halt reckless ambitions: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Putin’s sinister threats and lies extend far beyond his own country: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain needs its allies to stand with us against Russia: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson calls for a united front on North Korea at... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson's call with Rex Tillerson, 4 January 2018 MoD News 0
SILVER_FOX BORIS JOHNSON - CANDITURE FOR MAYOR OF LONDON Current Affairs 13
MoD_RSS UK statement on the murder of Boris Nemtsov MoD News 0
fishhead Don't mention the war Boris Current Affairs 11
soleil Ian Visits: "A Boris Bus Visits A Ghostly Village" History 3
S Mad Boris saves the day Current Affairs 6
T Wreath Claim - Has Boris scuppered chances of becoming PM The Gash Barge 3
finknottle Have the wheels come off Boris's golden coach? Current Affairs 5
N Boris Mayor of London Comes up Trumps Current Affairs 15
2 Boris Current Affairs 70
slim BORIS: DON'T BAN BOOZING The Gash Barge 1
MoD_RSS Johnson’s 4Fleas 80mg Spot-on Solution for Cats - Product defect recall alert MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stephen Hawker, Martin Howard, Professor Phillip Johnson, Dr Leon Litvack, Helene Pantelli, David Rossington and Martin Uden appointed as Council Memb MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement from President Macron, Chancellor Merkel and Prime Minister Johnson on the situation in Iraq MoD News 0
Handler Sad ,sad end for Winnie Johnson Current Affairs 6
F Alan Johnson resigns shadow cabinet Current Affairs 21
Pitfirrane L/Corporal Johnson Beharry VC Current Affairs 2
soleil LCpl Johnson Beharry VC to attend Pompey parade Bases / Shore Est 0
B HENRY JOHNSON Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Healthy low-fat insect and plant protein launched in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reducing saturated fat lowers blood cholesterol and risk of CVD MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Restrictions on adverts for food high in fat, sugar and salt: public asked for views MoD News 0
C Best time to arrive at FAT's? Joining the Royal Navy 4
D FAT's score Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D FAT's advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Getting FAT again Joining the Royal Navy 2
SONAR-BENDER USN revising weight/body fat regulations Diamond Lil's 0
effitilljointhenavy Aircrewman - FAT's still required? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Stirlin The right to be offensive ? / Fat gate. Current Affairs 149
C a FAT question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
F Cumbria - fat capital of UK Health & Fitness 12
BillyNoMates Fat cat top grade civil servants received 30% bonuses for implementing Dept cutbacks. Diamond Lil's 1
F Tamworth the fat capital of UK The Gash Barge 92
G Fat kids will **** you up. Diamond Lil's 10