Boris Johnson and Fat Pompey

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by TattooDog, Apr 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not really current Affairs, so this is going in Diamond Lils.

From the BBC - Boris has been giving Portsmouth residents a bit of a going over:

Boris and Pompey

Depite being a bit of a buffoon, having lived round here for a while, I can see his point. Shame he didn't visit Gosport!
  2. Boris is my type of MP he shoots from the lip.
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He and Prince Phillip should do one of those "An evening with..." gigs. I'd buy a ticket!!
  4. But what if it`s true?
  5. Gosport....South coasts answer to Utopia
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I was in pompey last week...whats wrong with fat slags?
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Having watched her (Sarah McCarthy-Fry) during the RN debate in Parliment I would think she would do well to take lessons from Boris, pathetic didn't even begin to discribe her
  8. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I don't see what the problem is. The man, despite him putting his foot in his mouth from time to time, has a very valid point.
  9. One of the refreshing things about Boris is that he's no politician, he calls a spade a spade. I wish we had more of his type in parliament, make a change from the run of the mill lying, conniving MPs we normally see.
  10. As I pass Harry Pounds my heart sinks… Pompey, the death of ambition and the Chav Capital of England.

And Gosport? Dear God, please make it go away…
  11. for the record I adore Boris - fortunately the Tories are too thick to make him leader - even I'd vote Tory if they did!

His Desert Island Discs was the best I have ever heard - 8)
  12. You pulled then?
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bootie...a man of my moral standings an all........
  14. Very strong condemnation of what Boris said came from The News, with the Front Page headline of, "You Twit".
    Now that would scare the shit out of anybody!!

Semper Strenuissima.
  15. Boris is like a breath of fresh air when compared to the remainder of the Tory party - including "Dave".

16. Portsmouth councillors demanded the MP apologise for his remarks and make a visit to the Hampshire city.

Another excuse for a free meal and expenses!!!
  17. Make the man Prime minster

Bang on about Liverpool

Bang on about Pompey

Bang on when being made shadow arts minister said: 'Look the point is ... er, what is the point? It's a tough job and somebody has got to do it.'

Should of got a round of applause not sacked as Tory arts spokesman after allegations of an affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt

Bang on 'Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3.'

Bang on the button with "supporting David Cameron purely out of cynical self-interest."

Bang on the button with Papua New Guinea after linking its people to cannibalism

Boris is the man.