Border Police Force

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by seafarer1939, Nov 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think I may have mentioned it before but it looks like a goer and it will be up and running in the future so;;;
    What better people to be in the Border Force than all those in the Armed Forces who have had the chop?
    If I had been given the Heave Ho from the Armed Forces I'd be on to my MP to get my name down for this force ASAP.
    Makes sense to me but not to MP's I suppose,I expect most of the Border Police to be Polish!they seem to willing to have every other job in the UK and who can blame them?

2. Haven't the Daily Mail got a forum!?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds like the perfect solution. If HM Government gives it the green light, would we be given permission
    to use live ammunition? It would make an ex armed-forces psychos day if they said "yes", and one could
    open fire on a coach-load of pensioners this side of the Channel Tunnel, after they have returned from a
    day trip through France and into Belgium for their bi-annual *Top up twenty pensioners issue shopping
    trollies with Golden Virginia* jolly.
    How very dare they see the Government off for all that tax.

(Next jolly care of Majestic Coach Tours Plymouth - £139 all in)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Folkestone - 5 days (SAVE UPTO £40) NOW ONLY £139
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• At the Harbourside Burstin Hotel • All Coach Travel • Nightly Entertainment [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 4 Nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast • 99pence Bar Offer (conditions apply)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Excursions include -Trip to France & Belgium, Canterbury[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]•Nov & Dec dates have a Tinsel & Turkey Theme[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Departs Mon 28th Nov from P/T/TD/NA/E/S/B/W/BO/SO/PO...............£139 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Departs Mon 12th Dec from P/T/TD/NA/TD/E/S/WOR/W/B..................£139 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]........................................................................................[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Holiday Code - FO[/FONT][/FONT]

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Departure Codes[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]P-Plymouth, E-Exeter, T-Torbay, NA-Newton Abbot, TD-Teignmouth/Dawlish, S-Somerset, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]B-Bristol, W-Wales, WS-Welsh Service Areas, WOR- Worle, BO-Bournemouth, SO-Southampton, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SS-Somerset Services, PO-Portsmouth, WO- Worle, GOR-Gordano Services Bristol, BX-Brixham, TDS- Taunton Deane, STOKE-Stoke on Trent, MD- The Midlands, CG-Cheltenham & Gloucester[/FONT]

4. Perhaps the rumoured Border Police Force (So they're like British Transport Police=rejects from the Met?) could break with tradition and employ staff to control border security who's default facial setting isn't scowl.:slow:

5. I don't think it's going to work I've got an ex MoD British border collie as a guard dog.It's useless, little fecker lets anyone in the house.=)

6. Probably won't work I'm just trying to find ideas for those who have lost their Forces career.
    When I was demobbed with a best oppo I moved back up north and after a year I had to move,briefly,back to Pompey.
    I bumped into my old oppo who told me he was really pleased as he had found a job as a block of flats caretaker!
    Now nothing against that but at 26 years old is this all he could look forward too? I thought then we didn't do enough for our leaving personnel to find a career.
    I thought this may be part of the way forward.
    I was offered two jobs,Traffic Warden and Security guard at Swan Hunters,so much for my ten years as a killing,drinking whoring machine!
    Fortunately I found a good career but I bet there were plenty who found Civvy St a financial shock re employment!

7. I've got a sneaking suspicion that I was scammed with my ex MoD British border collie.I'd lay good money that it was one of Theresa May's from the British border agency.:slow:

8. Similar, the Supervisor of mechanical services at Uni of York was an ex Chief Mech, all 10 of his staff were ex forces including 5 ex stokers.

9. :pottytrain2: As a kid living in Ross on Wye we had a boarder collie like that named Mack. Mack would let anyone into the house and roll over to have his belly rubbed.BUT!!! JUST TRY GETTING OUT!!:laughing2::evil3:

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Racist bollocks... :roll:

11. Surely it is only racist if it is suggested that someone should be excluded from a job because of their ethnicity.
    Seafarers comment,very much tongue in cheek I think,suggests that the Poles willingness to work would make them very suitable candidates.

12. It's only racist bollocks because it came from your mind,look at the last sentence!who can blame them?Get real!

13. sgtpepperband

Comments about the creation of the Border Police is fine; additional comment about Poles is irrelevant and unnecessary. You mentioned them, so what was the justification?

14. Maybe not so bad an idea really, utilising ex Militray personnel for border control ?

Perhaps a better idea would be to police the Olympics .... that way they can stop and search, and interrogate, all those pollies (national and local leeches) that have somehow 'obtained' seats (at the expense of the people who have actually paid for them through their taxes), even those Coca Cola VIPs ( :scratch: ) could do with a delaying tactic or two .... :evil:
    :wink:

15. ===================================================

===================================================

I'm afraid you are OTT with SF on this one Sgt. Peppa.

If you are on a witch hunt for RR racism then you should have been around when this (also at CA) thread was active.

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/current-affairs/63647-uk-border-controls-lack.html

Incidently, jaybee must have got the message as he hasn't been seen at RR since - No MOD input there but a 'result' nonetheless.

16. sgtpepperband

Bob, I welcome comments about the role of the Border Police; from my own experience of Police recruiting policy it is more likely that they will recruit internally (i.e. current Police Officers, Specials, PCSOs and Custody Officers, etc.) rather than open to the public. In an ideal world they would recruit elements of ex-military personnel - given their transferrable skills - but that ain't gonna happen, thanks to Equal Opportunities requirements... :oops:

As for my criticism of SF's unnecessary reference to the Poles (the scapegoat of the UK's immigration policy, according to the Daily Mail and their ilk, it seems) I was challenging the lazy insinuation towards them (and for the record, I was commenting as a regular user, not a Moderator, where I would post in red... :thumbup: ). If there was any confusion about why his comment was made, then I merely wanted some clarity. However, given my understanding from his previous posts, I doubt that will be forthcoming. I am not going to enter into a slanging match with SF, but I do not like lazy discrimination. He is more than welcome to PM me to discuss it further. :salut:

17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Back on thread, in theory, it's a sound idea. But let's not lose sight of the fact that not everyone who has served is a good egg or good worker. I've worked with stacks of tools in the past. I wouldn't put them in charge of the brew kit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sgtpepperband

...and conversely, I know plenty of Police Officers/Staff whose own opinions of immigration would have even make them unsuitable for the Gestapo, let alone the Border Police! :shock:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Indeed. As much as i love those who have served, some of those i have worked with should be the recipients of an air strike. A thorough sifting process should be put in place otherwise the Border Force will be full of alcoholic skivers walking around with clip boards. A bit like Customs.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 2

20. Whilst I in no way condone discrimination of any ilk, I would ask you how you know so much about the working practices of the Polish community in the UK, or any other outside of your own sphere of operation.
    If I am wrong please inform me where your precise knowledge is attained.
    I fail to see how you can attest to the work abilities of a mass of the Population of this country when you do not on a day to day basis mix with Poles. Whether they are industrious or work shy could only be ascertained by sifting through masses of paperwork held at the JSA or working among the masses. You are decrying certain of the papers so where should seafarer look to gain the knowledge you claim to hold.
    I work extensively with Poles and other Eastern Europeans and find their attitude to work no different on average to British workers. There have been many cases of Poles appearing before courts charged with offenses under the companies fraud act, as there have Brits. They do tend to work for a lesser salary, but that is in the main they can afford to because of their domestic arrangements.
    That said this is not meant as a personal attack on your self, but as my job puts me at the hub of the Eastern European community I wished to clarify that being Polish does not set you either side of any general consensus.
    And their general opinion of the British is not as clear cut as we would all like to think.:-D