Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Feb 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably easier to tuck the booze and drugs away these days as no doubt it is an infringement on their rights to do spot checks / random searches of their appartments, sorry, I mean cells.

2. Given how easy it is to brew your own i would imagine thats just what they are doing!
  3. Don't knock it. When I was on Ark Royal in 76 the PO cook and one of the PO stokers were making their own wine. Unfortunately they could never bring themselves to let it ferment for the required time. Gave em some great hang overs.
  4. Wasnt knocking it Slim.Back in 76 at school we had a few dozen bottles of brew secreted in the attic untill one perticularly hot day,when we heard a few Pops,on checking the brew had gone super critical and was starting to blow the tops and bottles!Brut 33 was used in massive amounts to cover the stink of the brew up.
  5. It is an ongoing battle in all Prisons, Cons brewing "Hootch", Officers looking for and finding it.
    All they need is some fruit, sugar from their diet,and yeast from one of the Cons who works in the bakery. There are plenty of warm spots where it can be left undisturbed to ferment.
    (Ex Screw talking here.)
  6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

They get the yeast from marmite mate! it's one of the tell tales that hooch is being made!
  7. chieftiff

:sad: I am a bit upset no-one bit! or have you all rushed out to try it?

A mate of mine is a prison officer, recently found a stash of bottles containing a brown sludge like substance stashed away, when he asked the con what he thought it was the young lad admitted it was dessert pears in juice with sugar and marmite, he claimed they had regularly got drunk on it! My mate took it away laughing and explained to the lad that the yeast in marmite isn't active, it has been effectively sterilised so he couldn't have gotten drunk on it. The strange thing is when the officers got together laughing about it and sniffed the "hooch" it smelt like a beefy vodka! but no-one had the balls to try it :lol: :lol:
  8. I use the floating slice of bread method.
  9. chieftiff

Why don't you just drink the surgical alcohol? :grin:

10. What and miss all the fun chewing through the beet stalks and twigs? :grin: :grin:
  11. ChiefTiff, Mate

The Cons I banged up at Pentonville,Scrubs, Norwich and Liverpool must have been rather more discerning Brewmasters than those at Whitemoor, because they definately used yeast from the Bakery :wink: :lol: