Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirling, Oct 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gangway arms ?.

''The British and other ambivalent drinking cultures believe that alcohol is a disinhibitor, and specifically that it makes people amorous or aggressive, so when in these experiments we are given what we think are alcoholic drinks - but are in fact non-alcoholic "placebos" - we shed our inhibitions.''

BBC News - Viewpoint: Is the alcohol message all wrong?
  2. From the same report ...

"I would make sure everyone knew that even a mere three cups (six "units") of coffee "can lead to anti-social, aggressive and violent behaviour", and sexual promiscuity, thus instantly giving young people a powerful motive to binge-drink double espressos, and a perfect excuse to behave very badly after doing so".

Fukced if I know how they arrive by this ... being one who drinks more than the prescribed 3 cups a day and all it does is make me go for a p*ss every hour and gives me heartburn!
  3. Rumour has it that Kate's report was funded by alcohol companies. It would explain a lot.
  4. Aye, to focus on different groups and change their marketing strategy ?, but as she advises gov aswell they could be pissing on their own chips.
    • Like Like x 1