Boots

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Powell, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering whether you get boots for basic training before you go in or whilst your in there, as if they are not wore in then when doing fitness etc then they are going to rip our feet to shreds!

2. You are provided boots, you will run in them, you will get them damp, you will polish them. You're worried about your feet hurting? Diddums.

3. It's not 'your', it's 'you are' or 'you're'. :lol: Just thought I'd point that out as it is a pretty pointless question really. I mean, how long do you think the RN and the rest of the military have been training people? :roll:

4. You are only joining the Navy mate. I think you just get issued flip-flops and penicillin for basic. If you want boots you have to join the army.

5. The RN will issue you with boots.
    If you are extremely lucky these will be heavy divers boots, after parade training wearing these you will be the fittest one in your division.
    If you are unlucky you will get a pair of brown Ugg boots, thought these may be comfortable if you are a bloke you may need practice walking in high heels, Oh and they are a real sod to turn from standard Ugg brown to RN high gloss fininsh.

6. you will also get issued a pair of speedo's...for your swimming test

7. I love speedos

8. Mong

9. Obviously not got the physique for them then tommo...

10. Not you the OP lol

Speedo's rock. Got to love the banana hammocks

11. Figured on that but couldn't resist.. :wink:

12. And you have mate?? :wink: :D

13. Who needs a six pack when one will do..?

14. In my case Lurpac mate but a few walks up big mountains will burn that off!!