Boots

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by stimps, Apr 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently waiting for my joining date at HMS Raleigh. When i was a cadet i could never find boots in my size. Do they have shoes/boots up to size 13 in stores normally? I've looked at various web sites selling surplus kit and they only seem to have up to size 12
    It seems a daft question but I never once had a pair that actually fit comfortably!

2. As a female with size 10 feet I sympathise with finding things in above average shoe size.

Anyway, I can assure you I know that they make boots in size 13 as a friend of mine who is in the army wears size 13 boots. Ok, so it's army, but I guess the boots are pretty similar, if not the same.

3. I would have thought that you'll be able to get boots in your size... even if they take a little longer to arrive.

One of my mates had a similar problem, the stores didn't hold a beret in his size (he did have rather a large swede!) so the stores ordered him one in specially.

Of course, having done so, it almost goes without saying that the first time he wore his beret it blew off and was last seen floating away down the Mersey...!

4. i think your alright, i walked round the stores at raleigh about 3 weeks ago and i'm sure i saw size 15/16 boots.

5. You'll be relieved to hear that you won't be the first person with big feet to join the RN.

6. You know what they say about Guys with big feet?

Does the same go for women with big feet?

7. I think we saw evidence on a beach you were at

[​IMG]

8. Big socks?

9. Yeah, it's like chucking a sausage up the Blackwall Tunnel.
    The bolts in the neck are handy for grabbing onto when she's biting the pillow though. :twisted:

10. am a size 14 so its gunna be fun lmao

11. Wizzards sleeve???????? :twisted: