Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by natg, Jan 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

No "official" medical clearance yet for BRNC...
    So no joining instructions yet. I was just wondering, whe we get there i assume we get issued with various clothing etc. Do we also get issued boots/shoes? Or are we expected to take suitable ones of our own.

Also, how often are we allowed to contact home? Ie using mobile phones?#

Finally, when it says start date 25th Feb, does that mean we have to arrive on 25th or should we arrive the day before and the actual training will start on 25th.

This will probably all be cleared up in joining instructions but just wondered if anyone could give me a heads up. They had better hurry up and send me med clearance...i have to hand my notice in at work a month prior to leaving. So i only have till Monday!
  2. For the boots and equipment, I think we get all our gear like boots and rig or that is what I read on the forms and was told from my the AFCO. And your date means you travel down on the 25th Probably a sunday. I should see you down there mate as I am going on the 17th of feb.

This is only what i have read and been told by my CPO, if in doubt PM the mighty Ninja_Stoker
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Natg: All Service kit will be provided. But make sure you take your own 'webbing'... :wink: :lol:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated, all uniform clobber is issued. You'll get a list of what to take with you to BRNC.

Phones are pretty much commonsense- switched off & locked away during the day, free use of an evening.

Formal training starts the day after you arrive.

Hope your clearance is through pronto.

Have you had a shufty at Fighter Pilot Livechat ? Not sure if there's anything useful- I kept nodding off... :sleepy2:
  5. Yeah m8 hope it is to my start dates the 25th as well.