Boots

Bit daft, asking this, but I have tried everywhere to get a set of parade boots, current RN issue, does anyone know any decent shops, either on the net, or one i could phone up and they could send me the info.

Thanks

Reservist-Monkey said:
New or used?

Standard issue assault boots RB, as issued to everyone who can't get issued the gucci ones :)
New, bit of a snob! :lol: , As for Gucci assault boots, do they make them with a nice gold trim around the toe cap and heel ?? :D

Monkey,
Do you have any idea were I can get them from and what is the average spend on a decent pair of assault boots, without the Gucci trim!.

Regards

letthecatoutofthebag said:
rugger_bob said:
No they dont issue them, to RNR personel, could you please describe the combat boot, is it the same as the booties use ?
The ones I have are the bog standard Combat High Boot - pretty much like these: Combat Boots .

In the past you used to be issued with dedicated parade boots that had leather soles and metal heels - clearly these made a noise when you marched and made keeping in step a bit easier... They looked a little like this: Royal Navy Parade Boots . They navy pattern differs from the army pattern in that the army version has a seem on the toe cap that makes bulling a little easier, just like these ones: Army Parade Boots .

Apologies for blatent advertising links :oops: :oops:
Cheers Matey is that your own business ? or is it Ebay ?
Looking to place an order later this week when I get paid.

Regards

rugger_bob said:
rugger_bob said:
No they dont issue them, to RNR personel, could you please describe the combat boot, is it the same as the booties use ?
The ones I have are the bog standard Combat High Boot - pretty much like these: Combat Boots .

In the past you used to be issued with dedicated parade boots that had leather soles and metal heels - clearly these made a noise when you marched and made keeping in step a bit easier... They looked a little like this: Royal Navy Parade Boots . They navy pattern differs from the army pattern in that the army version has a seem on the toe cap that makes bulling a little easier, just like these ones: Army Parade Boots .

Cheers Matey is that your own business ? or is it Ebay ?
Looking to place an order later this week when I get paid.

Regards
Neither websites are anything to do with me! I just happened to find the ones on ebay when looking for something else and found the other website when I was after a decent rucksack! Honest!
Yer right, bet your name is Arthur :D

McHammock

Lantern Swinger
rugger_bob said:
Bit daft, asking this, but I have tried everywhere to get a set of parade boots, current RN issue, does anyone know any decent shops, either on the net, or one i could phone up and they could send me the info.

Thanks
Ok, just being nosy here, but why are you looking to BUY a pair of parade boots ?
If for an RNR Unit guard, you'll get issued combats.
If for e.g. RN guard at Cenotaph, you'll get temp loan of old style parade boots.

McHammock said:
rugger_bob said:

Thanks
Ok, just being nosy here, but why are you looking to BUY a pair of parade boots ?
If for an RNR Unit guard, you'll get issued combats.
If for e.g. RN guard at Cenotaph, you'll get temp loan of old style parade boots.
Don't like getting foot infections !!!!!!!!!!

That's what I got, a pair of each, still got both somewhere.

The worst thing about those is that if you had to wear puttees with them, took you ages to get yourself ready at the bottom of the stairs (no boots on the deck upstairs) and when you finally had got them on and tiddly you'd discover you'd left your beret on you bunk!!!!

Youngsters these days got it so easy with combat boots and trouser twisties!!!!!

rugger_bob said:
Reservist-Monkey said:
New or used?

Standard issue assault boots RB, as issued to everyone who can't get issued the gucci ones :)
New, bit of a snob! :lol: , As for Gucci assault boots, do they make them with a nice gold trim around the toe cap and heel ?? :D

Monkey,
Do you have any idea were I can get them from and what is the average spend on a decent pair of assault boots, without the Gucci trim!.

Regards
I could sell you a pair of parade boots that will need (slightly) less work, but if you're sure.

As to the standard ones, I might have a new pair somewhere in the house, I have the gold trim versions ;)

What size are you?

M(R)

TheCommunicator said:
That's what I got, a pair of each, still got both somewhere.

The worst thing about those is that if you had to wear puttees with them, took you ages to get yourself ready at the bottom of the stairs (no boots on the deck upstairs) and when you finally had got them on and tiddly you'd discover you'd left your beret on you bunk!!!!

Youngsters these days got it so easy with combat boots and trouser twisties!!!!!
I remember it well. Those were the days. NOT!

Navy parade boots do not have toe caps. Neither did the Army as late as the Great War, according to one source of mine. Boots with toecaps and studs as worn by the army , ammunition boots, are worn by GIs but not by any other matlots.

The correct parade boots now are high leg combats, as issued. Make sure you have at least a size 3 anklet to fit over them. It is correct to say that the November Sports personell are isued with a loan pair of old style parade boots. Always ritualy damaged by the previous owner! Clean socks and the fact that they have not been worn for 11 months should protect the wearer from foot infections.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
snapdragon Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
J The Quarterdeck 4
hammockhead The Fleet 2