Discussion in 'The Corps' started by BillyNoMates, Mar 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good find; needs some more info, but a good source of info (especially the awards and decorations).

2. Wot no dresses, tsk! Standards. :D
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

God, I've got drunk with a few of the guys in the photos.......

One of them ended up with alcohol poisoning in Denmark I think it was... :lol:
  4. Alcohol poisoning and Royal, surely not!! :lol:
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...didn't know Princess Margaret was an ex-bootie! 8O :D
  6. wet_blobby

We were on a stuft ship at the time, MV Norland or something, got howling drunk in Altberg then sailed. He stayed in bed for 3 days recovering, the MA kindly put it down to sea sickness! Mine you he's lucky to be here after getting stabbed by some pikey outside a nightclub in bristol.
  7. Fook me was he called Jonah? :lol:
  8. wet_blobby

Why cant the defenders be armed? Typical inadequate ROEs made up by some heroic fcukwit sat in an office with no concept of the real world.

P.S £10k a week, are they still recruiting?
  9. Based in Dorset - APMSS (That's where the 2 Brits/1 irish Security Staff work out of it seems):
  10. You seem to have missed her sitting to the right of Moomin in her white thong. That's Moomin in the thong not Princess Maggie.
  11. Remember the Iraq Pay rumors that used to be banded around about operators being paid upto 1000 quid per day? I never met anybody earning anywhere close to that amount. Likewise with this Maritime work off Aden thats kicking off right now, The reality of it is that guys are being paid in the region of 200-350 pounds per day with a few exceptional cases. The contracts are generally short term between 2 and 3 weeks long, hardly seems worth it really, just a bit of pocket money for most in between contracts in Afghan or Iraq etc.
    Im lucky i ended up on a contract delivering cargo for the US military , According to the ISPS code that apparantly entitles us to be armed, which as a result we are. Most companies that have jumped on the bandwagon won't issue their teams with firearms because of the problems that arise with the ISPS code and the International Maritime Orgianization.
    There is apparently a couple of other companies doing it who have armed teams but i havent seen any.
  12. wet_blobby

I've only been tempted once to do BG style work, just after I left guarding the diamond mines in Angola was all the rage. My old fella lined the job up and at the last minute the missus persuaded me not to as I'd left the corps to spend more time at home etc...

Lucky I didn't go. the mine I was lined up for got over run and all the guards where killed except one who was having a crap at the time and then decided to lay low. Mind you I have the highly untoned body to sit on a ship shooting at people now... :p
  13. You could always sit in the back of the
    wifes Four-wheel-drive and generally
    annoy all those bad drivers wot cut you
    up at the traffic lights:-

One of these on the Port & Stbd Bridge Wings of
    your average enormous merchant vessel should
    be enough to deter them Fuzzy-Wuzzies from trying
    it on.
  14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

What's that Blobs, big teeth, chest wigs & medallions, high pitched voices? You must already have the dodgy costumes. :wink:
  15. Fook me they're breeding!! :D