Bootneck Yank

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by SALTY, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Fellas, I need a bit of help,I`ve been looking for the "Bootneck Yank"
    seems like he has gone from this site (or changed his Name) can anyone help? thanks
  2. He just brought me my dinner to my cell, he's doing fine!

He's going to be heading off to the sandbox soon to pull out some mobile McDonalds and Pizza Hut trailers.

Anyhoo, welcome fella!
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Bootneckyank no longer has an account, it has been suspended either because he chose to close it, it was closed for him or he has rejoined under a different name, I can't find out which.
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

5. I'd say he was a good egg as well , come back "Bootneck Yank", :thumright:
  6. I would agree, Bootneck Yank was a good chap, unlike dear old finkie who is a taste I would prefer not to aquire.
  7. Yes i agree with you about Bootneck Yank Maxie, they say that It`s your choice to leave and it is, but a lot leave because of the way they are treated.
  8. There are clearly some in this world who find the ability to be nasty to people for the hell of it on t'net exciting. A rather sad reflection on them I fear. A bit like the old game of picking names at randome out of the phone book and making abusive calls before calls could be logged.
  9. I have to agree with you all. BNY was a good lad and its never pleasant to see regular members of RR close their account, particularly under those circumstances.

If anyone has his email address I think it would be a good idea to let him know hes missed.
  10. Although BNY has closed his account, would not the COs still have a record of his address ?
    Maybe they could try to entice him back?

I notice his piccy istill in the gallery.

11. Yes at times it is best to keep mouth shut until brain is in gear. Especially if it becomes directed at that person. Bootneck yank was ok in my book.
  12. Unfortunately some seem incapable of finding any gears for their brain, a thick skin is needed at times.
  13. BY is much missed... Hope he returns. A great RR personality.
  14. BNY was a good personality to RR but felt, in the end, that this wasn't for him and that members had made him feel not so welcome at times.

I, for one, do miss his quirkie posts. I'd actually brought him over from another site that we associated on. He is not a bad egg at all and I would love for him to come back to RR!

Edited to say: he sent me a PM explaining the why's and to ask for his account to be suspended.
  15. Sad world we live in , :salut: :salut: I salute you BY , take it easy mate , we are not all ********* , vast majority are decent peaple .