Bootneck Jailed.

Seadog

War Hero
MOD EDIT

I've moved and retitled the thread. An obscure thread title in an inappropriate forum without text is not what we're after. Now how about the OP shares some thoughts on the subject?

Having seen the BBC report on the evening TV news it is unclear whether the stolen materials were ever used by the Continuity IRA. He was certainly able to half inch large amounts of materials and that alone must be an embarrassment to Pusser. I don't know how he was eventually rumbled but it wasn't a moment too soon.

My opinion... I love the royal marines and he must be a great guy to get a green lid but he made bombs ... Not exactly gonna admire him. As for the misleading title, i apologise just wasnt 100% sure what to put.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Having seen the BBC report on the evening TV news it is unclear whether the stolen materials were ever used by the Continuity IRA. He was certainly able to half inch large amounts of materials and that alone must be an embarrassment to Pusser. I don't know how he was eventually rumbled but it wasn't a moment too soon.
Maybe the theft of materials was known and closely monitored, to see where it went and who got it. If it was a sting type operation it will never be made public.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
One of his hidden caches was found by chance by a dog walker, I think that they then watched to see who turned up.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I love the royal marines and he must be a great guy to get a green lid but he made bombs ... Not exactly gonna admire him
Likewise, I have the greatest respect for the Royal Marines as a military unit, but I certainly do not believe for a nano second that individuals earning a green beret suddenly stop being an arrsehole if they were one to begin with, frankly.

The "enemy within" is a long established terrorist method of furthering their respective cause and credit is due to the security services (and hopefully "aftercare reporting") for nailing those of this ilk.

Somehow, I doubt there will be protests of his perceived innocence. The are, of course, less than sharp critics who seem to imagine membership of this elite brotherhood naturally means they all behave like the christian church when it comes to individuals breaking the law. If anything the reverse is true.

See
r-v-Ciaran-Maxwell sentencing remarks
Mr Justice Sweeney 31 July 2017

Guy must have been nails to get as far as he did as a mole. However I did read somewhere that he made at least 10 pipe bombs and 4 of them were actually used in attempted attacks.

He was going to get a life sentence but he gave up extra caches the police did not know about hence the reduction.

The man is a scum bag and the sentence should deter others in the future.

My one worry is this man is a very deadly asset to terrorists and what are the chances he'll serve the full 18 years. Once he gets out there is a fair chance he may set to work using his skills to assist Irish terrorists.

I doubt he had terrorism at heart when he joined the RM.

There are far easier ways of gaining access to ordinance and weaponry.

Perhaps he was groomed after, or even blackmailed/threatened.

Or maybe he was bullied and ended up looking for retribution.

Either way he's a cock, and no longer worthy of the RM or any association thereof.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sadly the hard right wing groups will gather recruits in response to what they see as immigrants getting preference over them, it doesn't have to be a fact just their perception.

Sadly the hard right wing groups will gather recruits in response to what they see as immigrants getting preference over them, it doesn't have to be a fact just their perception.
I'm an extreme middle of the roader,leaning slightly right.Is there any extremist groups I could join? Apart from the Rotary Club?:rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
W RMR 9
B The Corps 2