Book exchange

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by 2_deck_dash, Aug 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a crazy Friday idea.

I have a large collection of books, mostly military and I am always looking to read more, I'm sure some of you are in a similar position.

Here is the plan: I have recently finished reading ''A time to die: The Kursk Disaster''

It is a very good book and I would highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in Naval or political matters.

The first person to PM me their address and make a £5 donation to Holidays4Heroes gets the book.

Once they have finished the book they can then post it back on here and the process shall repeat itself.

Feel free to post any of your own books/DVD's/games etc. here under the same rules.

Edited to add: I will not send the book until the £5 has cleared with H4H.

2. I like the idea. There are a selection of books already in circulation.
    "The Red Sailor" "Murphys Law" and "Send Down a Dove" Up until now we have lacked a scheme librarian. All the above books are out of print and hard to come by. They are all owned by Red Sailor. Ex submariner who also produces a very good monthly newsletter which he e-mails. Most people using RR already support H4H as their chosen charity and MLP is a great ambassador for it. Suggest pay for P&P with a donation to H4H.
    Suggest that you contact a MOD and work out the details. But having said all that it's a bloody good idea.