Book Competition : Trouble at Zero Hour

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
A really good read and well worth a punt. A novel based on the actions of 2nd Battalion Ox & Bucks Light Infantry from D-Day to war's end. Well written and easy to read this is recommended to all - see the review. The publisher has been very kind and 10 copies of this book are up for grabs.

The competition can be entered in the usual fashion: here

This competition will run until Sunday 13th August, at some point during the day.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Come on you lot - still time to take part in this competition. Plenty of books up for grabs so get your entry in for a chance of some good summer holiday reading (or post holiday if already been).

Enter here: Trouble at Zero Hour

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
I am sorry about the delay but I still have to receive the books promised as prizes. I have tried to contact the publicist to check what is happening but she has been out of her office. I will post when I have an answer.

I am sorry about the delay but I still have to receive the books promised as prizes. I have tried to contact the publicist to check what is happening but she has been out of her office. I will post when I have an answer.
Post the winners and let them sweat will they or wont they get a prize, the start of suspense thriller!

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Firstly, huge apologies for the delay in closing down this competition but the books did not arrive from the publisher until today. First time this has happened in over seven years of running these competitions, but they have come through in the end. Down to business, the following are winners of a copy of this book:

@Rockpile, @bratmedic, @WreckerL, @krazyivan, @dapperdunn, @Stand_Still, @Tartan_Terrier , @455WG, @greyncrusty, @denzh

An email has gone requesting contact details and an early reply would be appreciated.

The answers were:

Q1 - Op Tonga. Many put Op Deadstick but that was the Pegasus Bridge operation - getting the division into Normandy was Tonga.

Q2 - Op Berlin

Q3 - Op Varsity - again many put Op Plunder that was the operation for the river crossing and the airborne element was Op Varsity. Interesting point - Op Archway was an op to drop SAS people behind the lines, separate from varsity.