Book Competition - TOUCHING DISTANCE

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Nov 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Graham Hurley has been around for a while but this series of crime novels featuring DS Jimmy Suttle are new. Here is your chance to win a crime novel which incorporates a military theme very well - who is carrying out the 'sniper style' murders?

As ever all you have to do is complete the questions on the entry form on Survey Monkey correctly - they are all easy of course so worth a punt if you fancy a nice read in the quiet times post Christmas and New Year.

The book has been reviewed and that can be found here: Touching Distance

Competition lasts until Sunday 8th December so a short, quick quiz to get you in the mood for Christmas games! (or not!!)

There is still time to enter the current Competition for a copy of Saints of the Shadow Bible - click title to go to Comp site, which closes tomorrow (or more likely Monday)
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Survey Monkey amended for spelunk mistook!

Thanks Ex Jenny
  3. Entered In !
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

My all correct entry has been submitted!
  5. Ageing_Gracefully

And where would that be then?
  6. janner

Wrecks has told me before that you don't always get the answers right.
  7. Ageing_Gracefully

Wrecks is spot on with that observation.

However I would like to point out that ALL my decisions have been correct!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Isn't it about time you had a colouring-in book in the competition A_G?

Chrimbo is approaching and Janner is bound to get another "Junior Artist Pack" from his great great grandchildren :)
  9. janner

Now you've upset the kids and spoilt the suprise, miserable twat.....
  10. Sorry, slip of the keyboard and all that :tongue9:
  11. Ageing_Gracefully

Still time to have a go at this competition and to stop WrecksL from running away with this (he wishes!) The competition ends tomorrow when I get round to it so if you wants a good read for the quiet time in January then this is a nice free way to maybe get that. If you are a cheapskate then maybe this could be a free Christmas pressie for someone!

The next competition will start tomorrow and that is another of the highly popular Pot Luck which will enable me to empty my bookshelves leaving space for Santa to be nice to me.

Just a week away from the GRAND ANNUAL ARRSE (and the other sites!) CHRISTMAS DRAW - look out for that one - free to enter and dosh as the prize. This year we are also running a HOGMANAY Competition with a prize donated again by the COs.
    Keep dropping in on the competition forum and see what is there. All Comps are free - you only have to complete the simple entry form.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Ageing_Gracefully

WINNERS & ANSWERS - Touching Distance

OK folks, I have closed this comp off and drawn the winners (some regulars appearing again!). The lucky winners are:

Squirrel Pidgeon
    Stokers Plaything

As ever, emails have gone off to them for their details.

Q1 Hasler Company is named after "Blondie" Hasler of Cockleshell Heroes fame who went on to become famous in the sailing world - fascinating man.

Q2 Devon & Cornwall Constabulary was form in 1967 when the two merged.

Q3. "Fado" style singing is from the Portuguese and essentially means 'Fate'.

New competition will be up later today (8/12/13) so look out for the Pot Luck competition with loads of great books on offer.
  13. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Christmas isn't coming cheap this year :(

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  14. What's Christmas?
  15. Touching Distance Arrived in the post yesterday ,Thanks Again A.G.