Book Competition - The Manner of Men

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, May 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Colonel Stuart Tootal has written this book about the life of 9 PARA. It is a warts 'n all account of the battalion, how it trained and what actions it took part in. Joker62 went along to listen to a talk given by Col Tootal and his account of that can be found here.

There are 5 copies to be won and to get your hands on one just complete the entry form correctly and you are in with a chance. Entry form can be found here.

[​IMG]

Competition runs until Sunday 26th May at about midday.

2. I'm not saying ;)

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm in he cried, Justin said she

4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Winners and Answers - A MANNER OF MEN

Comp closed and winners drawn. I was really surprised with the number who got Q2 incorrect, even after a huge clue! Anyhoo, winners are:
    Joker62
    Ss9167
    Sluice Dweller
    ancienturion
    RezzaDue

Congrats to them and I will be sending off emails to ask for details.

The answers!

Q1 - 9 PARA were formed from 10th Bn The Essex Regiment (100% of entries right)
    Q2 - in order of CO-ship Lt Col Lindsay came before Lt Col Ottway - indeed Ottway is accused of engineering Lindsay's demise - read the book for more intrigue! (58.8% of entries right!)
    Q3 - 9 PARA's D-Day objective was "Merville Battery" (100% of entries right)

Well done to those who got all 3 questions correct and especially to those who won, a bit more reading for those who got Q2 wrong, and buying this fine book may help that ! :-D