Book Competition - ROMAN GAMES

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The next book competition for September is for a copy of ROMAN GAMES by Bruce McBain. Set in AD 96 and told by Plinius Secundus, known to us as Pliny the Younger, this is a thrilling crime story set in Ancient Rome.

For your chance to win one of three copies of this book just go to the entry form on Survey Monkey and complete the simple questions.

The competition will run until Sunday 23 September.

Roman Games.jpg

Don't forget, the first of September's book competitions is still on the go and can be found here.

2. Done so much info on google, hope it's correct

3. Done (and there can be 2 answers to question 1)

4. That's true I went for the earlier part of year

5. Done......

6. For we who have entered we salute you dunded!

7. Ageing_Gracefully

Not from the options offered! :)

8. Er . . . yes, there is. One served 15 years and the other just under 2 years, but both were in power in the year referenced. So I have done the same as others are likely to have done and gone for the former.

9. Ageing_Gracefully

Er...no there ain't! At least not according to the list of Roman Emperors I consulted (Contrary to popular belief, I was not around in those days). There is a definite gap between emperors named in the question as possible answers.

One is correct and as ever that is the one I have decided - it's in the rules ^~

10. Beg to differ, there's the one you've mentioned (up to Sept 96) followed by Nerva (96 - 98)

Guess i've blown my chances by argueing with the adjudicator :sad1:

edited to add that's supposed to say 98 but a cool smiley keeps appearing.

11. Which one should we put down then, to avoid ambiguity and confusion?:blowkiss:^~^~^~

12. Ageing_Gracefully

To save any confusion - there can be, and indeed is, only one correct answer ! :bs:

13. Well I think that sorts it then the examiner has spoken, and as he marks the competitions he will mark them according to the AG rules of fairness, any complaints see the vicar?

14. Ageing_Gracefully

Glad to see you have read he rules of the competition! :blob8:

15. Think that will get you a win ?
    AG is completley unbiased and totaly fair

envelope to the usual adress ag ?

16. One has to try every possible avenue of fairness, if that fails grovel, cheat manipulate and lie, and I only follow my supposed piers, Politicians’

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ageing_Gracefully

There is another option, although it is one that will fill most RR,s with horror and send them off looking for solace from the neatrest Regulating PO, and that is:

just buy the book. :eek: :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

18. I am confused :( You can BUY books ?????

• Like Like x 1
  19. The last book I brought was Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world. This allows me to breathe and relax and not hyperventilate and panic, when people come up with such mind numbing ideas, such as this?
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Done........excellent questions once more AG.