Book Competition FALKLANDS COMMANDO by Hugh McManners

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Feb 17, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This book has been reissued with some updated information and a new introduction. It is in eBook format but this can be read on a PC/LAPTOP/Tablet as well as an eReader. For your chance to win a copy of this book just complete the entry form on SurveyMonkey and get the questions correct! The entry form can be found here: FALKLANDS COMMANDO

The competition will run until Wednesday 26th February
    [​IMG]

The book is being reviewed now and this should be up soon.

2. In it to win it :)

3. Wot 'e said :laughing3:

4. In it ... and if it has a section on the "Red & Green Life Support Machine" ... I could be!

5. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

And why not.....rude not to!

6. MGM, my Daughter-in-Law is Rick Jolly's niece, do you want me to give you a mentch, or do you owe him money ;)

7. Aminagen..

8. Haven't seen Rick since Nelson was a cabin boy etc! No I don't owe him money (at least I don't think so) - but was in SST1 as a lowly killick doc "nursing staff" rather than a "theatre tech" so doubt if he'd remember me anyway!

9. Entered with stealth!

10. Entered only hope tinternet held the correct answers

11. Just read Falklands Commando.Good read.Whoever gets it will enjoy it. Don't run yourself down MGM.you all played a blinder there.Amazing casualty outcomes for any place,even more amazing given the conditions you worked in.:salute:

12. It's all in the distant past now but can remember a few dits ... Unfortunately not enough to write a book!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

13. If only I could write, with my memory and bulls**t baffles brains, I would be a best seller of eeerrr stuff?:toothy8:

14. Ageing_Gracefully

Hi all,

I am extending this competition by a week to enable it to get the fullest coverage and to allow the review to be published (this weekend!) Now that I have slipped the blame on to just about everyone bar me, this is really down to my being extremely busy this week and have not been able to push this along.

Competition will now run until Wednesay 5th March.

15. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

In it! Cheers for extending AG, I missed it first time round.

16. Ditto ......

17. Ageing_Gracefully

Folks, this competition has run its course and the winners of this book are:

• Crepello
    • Winch
    • donmac

I have sent each an email informing them and passed on their email address to Hugh McManners so the eBook can be sent to them.

Answers
    Q1: Op FRANKTON
    Q2: RFA Sir Tristram
    Q3: Scars of War Foundation

Next competition starting in the next hour (or so)

18. Bummer next comp please that was rubbish???:twisted: :icescream:well my part was