Book competition: Dad's War by Chris Tarrant

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jun 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Chris Tarrant, of Who Wants to be a Millionaire fame has written a book about his father's war. The book came about from a TV programme in which Tarrant was taken back to look at his father's career and realised how little he actually knew about his own Dad.Taken from discussions with former comrades who went through the trials and tribulations, Tarrant has brought us a story of a brave infantry officer, Major Basil Avery Tarrant MC.

There are 6 copies up for grabs and as ever to have a chance of winning one of these copies, just complete the short questionnaire correctly. The entry form can be found here: Dad's War.

The competition will run until Sunday 6th July and will close sometime on that day!

The book has been reviewed, and that review can be found by clicking here:

[​IMG] ‚Äč
  2. Done :) ....
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

4. Done (first ever go)
  5. Done.............
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Entered but will probably just have to borrow it of Wrecks.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  7. Entered in but as I did it via Dii who knows where the answers went ;)
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

Still a while to go, this comp will close on Sunday so get your entry in asap. Q1 is causing people some issues and only 45% have it correct at the moment!
  9. I've had a pop at it ...

10. Ageing_Gracefully

Competition now closed and winners and answers are as follows:

Gout Man
    joint force harrier
    andy cap
    stokers plaything
    MG Maniac

Hope you all enjoy the book - emails have gone out requesting contact details.

Q1 The MOTH came into being as a brotherhood of South-African front line soldiers allowing soldiers who had had shots fired at them in anger in the Boer War and subsequent wars, to join together as a charitable organisation. .This expanded to cover areas all over the globe and encompassing former enemies

Q2 The Royal Berkshire Regt were known as the Biscuit Boys, due to that industry being prominent in their recruiting area.

Q3 The character from the Chris Tarrant show played by his father at the Albert Hall was The Phantom Flan Flinger.
  11. Details sent. Many Thanks AG
  12. Me too AG, cheers matey
  13. PM Inbound!

14. Book arrived today, brilliant

Thanks AG
  15. Book arrived today thanks! AG
  16. Book arrived over the weekend. Thanks AG.
  17. Book has arrived today thanks AG