Book Competition - Battle Lines by Andy McNab

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jul 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This competition is for Battle Lines by Andy McNab. His latest novel set in Afghanistan and is the story f a platoon sergeant taking his platoon of young men who are going in t battle for the first time.

To get your chance of winning a copy of this book and increasing your summer reading list take a go at the entry form on Survey Monkey Three simple questions and you are half way there.

Battle Lines.jpg

The book has not yet been reviewed but have a look at the Amazon page. The competition will run until Sunday 29th July.

2. Nah, give this one a miss this time . . .

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Done.........

4. Done.......

5. Done, the first question has a few dodgy answers!!

6. Dundidid once again

7. Ageing_Gracefully

Saturday morning bump. Have a weekend to work out the intricate and difficult (!) answers to the malicious questions!!!! :)

8. Completo. Although 'Andy McNab' isn't one of my favorite readers, he's still worth a read.

9. But what's he like as an author?

10. He's worth a read, nothing special. Might as well try my luck and get it for free, or if i don't like it I'd happily ship it to you! See what i did there 'Ship' ;). Have a good day my friend.

11. job jobbed

12. Done, I must know someone who would like a book for Xmas, just need to find one who can reed drivel without vomiting

13. Ageing_Gracefully

Sumo, you are such a wit!! Why don't you have a go at the literary world and show us your talent?

Anyhoo, still a few days to go so time to get your fingers clicking to enter this great FREE competition. Just think, the more that enter, the less chance of Sumo being disappointed by winning! :)

14. AG I would be well happy with winning anything, the last time I won in a draw was at a mess dinner back in the 80's, I also need to have answered you questions correctly? Plus it would give me one less Chrimbo present to get?

15. Entered for the first time.

16. Ageing_Gracefully

Still time to enter - competition closes tomorrow at lunchtime (ish).

17. Ageing_Gracefully

Winners of this competition are:

• janner
    • WreckerL
    • SJRM_RN
    • scuba_angel
    • sigmonk
    Emails going out to get contact details so the book can be sent out. Quick responses would be appreciated.

The answers to the competition are:

Q1 - Camping in wet weather

Q2 - Nick Stone

Q3 - Heat

18. 2 in a row 8O Wish I'd done the lottery now!

19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Thats the last time I give you the answers.

Thanks Andy, email sent

20. Good job I ignored them and sent in the real answers then!