Book comp - The King's War

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Now that the excitement of the Annual Draw has calmed down, time for the last book comp of 2018 and first of 2019. The King's War is the sequel to the King's Speech which was a very successful film as well. This takes the story of King George VI through the Second World War and the support given to him by Lionel Logue. I have three copies of this fine book to give away, provided you get the questions correct! The competition will run until Sunday 6th January 2019 at a time to be decided by me on the day!

As ever the competition can be accessed through Survey Monkey. Entry Form

The book has been reviewed with a great 4.5 Mr MRH score and this can be found in the reviews section here: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/reviews/the-kings-war.1031/

kings war.jpg

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Okie doke, comp closed and the following have come out as winners:

@Cutaway @Union Jack @Dredd

Emails have gone out requesting contact details so I can send out - replies asap please.

Answers:

Q1: I accepted two answers for this question. I have no idea why OTHER turned up as an option but hey, no harm done. The answers I accepted were either "in case the public listened without removing their hats" or "the public might listen in public houses" as both are correct- how times have changed.

Q2 The two countries at war were Pakistan and India

Q3 The sporting event the future King took part in was Wimbledon Tennis Doubles.

There will be more competitions as the year goes on so keep a look out for these.