Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, May 9, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The next book competition is up and ready to enter. Keane's Challenge, a novel set during the Peninsular War, part of a series of books on Keane but a stand alone story in its own right. For your chance to win a copy of this book just complete the Survey Monkey entry form and answer the simple questions correctly.

Competition will close and winners announced sometime in the afternoon of Sunday 18 May. The book has been reviewed by foxtrot40 so look here to read all about it.

2. A bit confused on question one A_G, what exactly are you after, origin of word, language ?
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

No, what is his lineage, background, birthplace, etc etc
  4. The missing "H" got me confused :)

Done, Keane's Company was good.
  5. Wasn't sure about Q3 - two of them could be right so took a guess. All depends on where you get your info from.

Just realised I picked the wrong one as well - should have gone for the other one! Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
  6. Ageing_Gracefully

Winners of this book competition are:

AirborneRanger (again!)

Congrats to them and emails have gone as per.

1. The hero of the book, Keane, is of Irish stock. The info is out there as I got it by virtue of Google (other search engines are available!)
    2. Wellesley was commissioned into the 73rd of Foot
    3. The word from the Peninsular War was "Guerilla" - the other words were in use prior to the war on the Iberian Peninsula.
  7. Arrived today, cheers A_G.