Book Comp - February Pot Luck

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Feb 28, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Here is a quick quiz which will last for just a week. Lets see how far we get with the simple, very simple, questions before we have the usual detractors! The competition will end on 6th March 2016.

The entry for can be found here: Pot Luck Comp

The prizes will consist of books I have had sent to me and there will be five good ones in total up for grabs, one each to the winners. Not sure what ones yet but may give the winners a choice of fiction/non-fiction/faction of whatever I have available. Completely Pot Luck.

Have a go and come back on Sunday next for the winners.

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Donedid

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

4. Dididit

5. Reddit.

Oh, and entered the comp as well . . .

6. I'm in..I used the force this time so I've got a good feeling about this...

7. In it, history can make one think?

8. Ageing_Gracefully

But there are three questions so you will need "three-think!"

9. 3 Q bugger can I do a resit please? I may have screwed up, just anther day in the office.

10. Ageing_Gracefully

To a background of load moans, here are the winners of this month's book competition:

@dobyitch

@mikh
    @hank
    @Her Majesty The Lady Dale T Snail AGC (SPS) (Retd) (that is how it is shown)
    @Passport2Pimlico

The answers to this comp were relatively easy as the majority got them correct. They are:

Q1. When was the first 'official' game of rugby between the Navy & Army: A 1907

Q2. Who was the first person to be physically presented with their VC? A: Commander HJ Raby .I couldn't read my own writing and put MJ Raby on the question, but most were intelligent enough to realise it was HJ.

Q3. The Battles of Kohima and Imphal took place in A: India

11. at least I put the right answers down, I think?

12. I got the answers right but didn't want any books really o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Know your sort, you only entered to try and stop someone else winning? AG mark his card?:eek::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think my card was marked a long time ago considering my success rate recently.

15. Ditto

16. Cheers A-G :)