Book Comp - A Military Miscellany

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Nov 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This is a great wee book which is good for a belly laugh in some parts. Mostly about army life but includes bits from the navy and air force as well. Very good stocking filler for Christmas (once you have read it!).

This will be a quick, one week competition so get your answers in to the very simple questions (as ever) wot I 'ave writ! Competition lasts until Sunday 24th and as ever the qinners will be picked from those who answer all three questions correctly - or at least to my satisfaction! [​IMG] Survey Monkey entry form here:

The book has been reviewed by none other than me (read here), so I can guarantee that it is well worth the effort of putting a few clicks onto your computer.

Best of luck to you all - well most of you!

[​IMG]

Review

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Given it a go

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

3. Done, but only to find out what a "quinner" is ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I hope I'm a quinner ,as I'm in it to quin It.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Tis done .................

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I want to be a qinner!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

There are times when I wish I wasn't a Gentleman!

8. Ageing_Gracefully

Fixed that for you mate, no charge.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ageing_Gracefully

Winners & answers

Another competition draws to its sticky end and the winners are as follows:

Stand-still
    jock the scot
    dredd
    sgtpepperband
    stokers_plaything

Some nice contentious names up there for people (who will remain nameless but will probably give the game away by posting) to moan about!

Answers: very simple this week with the vast majority getting this correct, except for the usual mongs who deliberately put in three incorrect answers. Still no skin off my nose as the books will go to good homes.

Q1 - Who is credited with the quote: "My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat. Situation excellent. I shall attack" General FOCH

Q2 Whose prayer was: "O Lord, Thou knowest how busy I must be this day. If I forget Thee, do not Thou forget me!" - Sir Jacob Astley

Q3 Which Regiment had the nickname "The Emperor's Chambermaids" - 14th Kings Hussars

Congrats (or whatever) to the winners but remember there is still a comp running for a copy of "Saints of the Shadow Bible"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Book arrived today Thanks Again,AG