Book Comp #2 - 1 May 13

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, May 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Here is competition number 2 for the start of this month - fiction this time.

The Divine Sacrifice is a novel set in Arthurian times. An embittered ex soldier, Malgwyn ap Cuneglas (now there's a username for someone!), who has lost an limb in combat is now right hand man to Arthur (see what I did there ;-P ). A monk is killed and Arthur gets his mate Malgwyn to sort it out.

For a chance to win a copy of The Divine Sacrifice plus a copy of the book's predecessor The Killing Way, which has been reviewed on ARRSE. So 2 books for the price of one - and it's free!

Just go to Survey Monkey and fill in the ridiculously easy questions correctly and you will be in with a chance of winning this competition.

Divine Sacrifice.jpg [​IMG]
  2. Done hope I am right this time
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm in this one as well
  4. I'll give it a go.
  5. Me too! Dundid
  6. I'm in it too!
  7. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Results : The Divine Sacrifice

Competition now closed.

The winners are:

Answers are:

Q1 The island twinned with Glastonbury is : Patmos
    Q2 St Patrick's day is the anniversary of his death
    Q3 King Arthur's surname was reckoned to be Pendragon

I will contact winners for their details so the books can be sent out to them.
  8. janner

Thanks AG details in the mail - shame Wits or Wrecks didn't win though!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I feel seen awf... :oops: The first book I've not won for, erm, quite a long time..! :wink:
  10. I deliberately fail nowadays to make the entrants feel good...honest, gen dit!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks AG makes me feel better to have nicked SPB book and broke his winning streak.
    Contact details sent
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Well just for you my 2 books arrived today, please feel free to fail hahahahahahahah:grin:
  13. janner

Thanks AG my books arrived this morning, did you realise that it was two books this time Wrecks?? :smooch:
  14. Janner, in that case I succeeded twice by failing once..I think.
  15. You failed to win, failed to notice it was for 2 books, you also failed to notice the possible magnitude of this failure, seems to be a bit of a thread going on here, or is this just a way of life you have come to accept?
    Just remember the only way from the gutter is up, unless you find a drain?:rabbit:
  16. Sumo, you failed to notice I said I failed deliberately hence my double failure was, in fact, a double success but I don't like to boast.