book burning

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by seafarer1939, Sep 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to let you all know that on Saturday Aft. before I visit the local boozer[where they have a big sign saying"Customers must carry out their dead drinking mates!" I am having a book burning in my garden,the books are the Seamanship Manual and the Gunnery Manual from Whale Island.
    I expect a huge furore from the press but I'm going ahead.
    I may also include the Bofors Manual and the Mills bomb throwing instructions.
    I expect to have a good afternoon!
    If it upsets you I don't care!
    I urge you all to burn something apart from your wife!

2. what about somebody elses wife?

3. Right, so when do we start on the synagogues 8O 8O

4. Ding ding. All aboard the Daily Wail outrage bus!!! :roll: :wink:

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

A small town pastor in Florida is planning on having a "Burn the Koran" day to mark the 9th anniversary of the Twin Towers. A number of prominent Septics have pointed out that this will play into AQ's hands and may prompt a backlash against US and/or NATO forces in Afghanistan, but the righteous redneck is going ahead with his inflammatory protest.

7. Oh right cheers FW I must be blind and deaf as I've watched the news twice today. :)
    DUURRRRR :oops: :oops:

8. Feck I have been looking for The Bofors Manual :) on Ebay for yonks do you still have it.

9. *ahem* Think that may be the point FW!

10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Apparently the Florida event has been cancelled - I can't comment on the other anti-GI type protests being planned here on RR, Perhaps there's a shortage of firelighters or barbecue light fluid in Florida since I find it hard to believe that a righteous redneck would see sense and fall into line with fairly widespread public opinion.

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

'The pain...the pain. Send them to me, I will give them a good home !I've been looking for Vol:2 for ages.

12. Sorry Wits, but you've either hit on a code so cryptic it's beyond my limited decoding skills, or your on the bottle.
    When I made my comment I was unaware as to the point of seafarers post, and thought he to had found a vat of Pussers special brew. 8O :wink:

13. Some classy moves in that vid, no way that should be banned.

Back on thread, I think someone's confusing Farenheit 911 with Farenheit 451.

14. Nah, just burn it.

15. My only confusion is what the fuck you and Wits are twittering about.
    My confusion was settled at 5pm Thursday evening by Flag Waver and resurrected by you two tonight.
    Wits is mumbling about revelations (must be reading the bible) and your giving physics lessons.
    Roll on New York, lets see if the septics can calm me. 8O :(

16. Bimblilng back towards the thread somewhat ... what if you were going on hols to The Maldives, had an overnight stop in Gatwick and took the Gideon installed bible from your hotel room. On landing in the Maldives customs search your baggage and inform the police (the customs bods have no power here - but the police do) and they take away the Bible.

I wonder what they would do to it? Return it back to Blighty or after you've been found guilty lashed, whipped and stoned as it is illegal to bring the bible into their country, burn it? Now there's irony for you.

disclaimer: I am not a Christian, Buddhist, Green Flag, Muslim or any other flavour of invisible friend lover. I'm a born again atheist and get bl00dy pi55ed off when someone tries to modify the way that I want to live just because some pi55ed\stoned bloke made up a book 1500\2000 years ago.

17. No! rumrat, I wish I had found some Pussers brew.
    I used to love my tot,and anyone else's! that was the bonus of serving on MTB's, first sign of roughers and many tot's were available and they were neat!
    On such a small boat you couldn't bottle it so us who weren't ever seasick,claened up!
    You have to remember the the small boat mateleots saying
    "Beer and rum is not just for breakfast!"

18. Wits any fucker related to you or JC that goes by the name Guy?
    You both seem to be coming alive as Nov 5 approaches.
    Mushrooms??? fuck that you are trying to kill me aren't you.
    I'm so allergic to mushrooms I get sick talking about them :D :(

I might look like I've been in a fire, its an ethnic thing.......white man. :twisted: